Daily Task

Emma Swan awoke the next morning in her small cabin in the woods. As she opened her eyes, the soft morning Light filtered through the trees, casting a gentle glow on her worn wooden walls. With no parents to wake her, Emma's mornings are filled with the sound of silence, except for the morning calls of nearby birds and rustling leaves, an almost peaceful start to her day in the village. As she stirred, the familiar scent of the trees greet her senses. She stretched her limbs and with a quiet determination she roused herself from her bed, her hunter instincts already awakening within her. Despite the solitude of her situation, Emma's spirit remains strong, ready to face whatever challenges the day may bring in the village of Riverend.

The outside atmosphere in Riverend was enchanting that morning. The sun peeks through the branches, creating a dappled pattern on the forest floor. The air is crisp and invigorating, carrying the earthy scents of the woods. The rustling leaves singing in a symphony of nature. It's a perfect day for Emma to embark on her adventures.

As Emma stepped out of her cabin, with no need to change as she'd fallen asleep in her clothes the previous night, even if they did still smell heavily of smoke, she noticed the morning mist that clung to the ground, creating an ethereal atmosphere in the woods. She set off towards Riverend, the path familiar under her feet. The sounds of nature accompanied her journey.

Upon reaching the heart of the village, Emma made her way to the notice board, a weathered wooden structure adorned with parchment. As she scanned the daily tasks pinned to it, not in any order, just simply pinned wherever there was room, not many people came to view the board, but if she ever wished to fulfill her dreams of ever getting to the kingdom, she would need money, even if River Tokens couldn't be used in any other part of the realm she hoped that maybe she could convert them into the Crowns they used in the Kingdom, or perhaps to at least find and pay someone willing to take her halfway across the realm and to the kingdom. Her keen eyes caught sight of the following assignments:

Gather herbs from the meadow -
Reward: 5 River Tokens

Repair the broken fence near the river - Reward: 8 River Tokens

Hunt for game in the northern forest - Reward: 10 River Tokens

As Emma scanned the notice board for more quests, her eyes landed on additional tasks waiting to be undertaken:

Assist the blacksmith in forging new tools - Reward: 7 River Tokens

Deliver a package to the neighboring village of Oakvale - Reward: 6 River Tokens

Help the healer gather medicinal plants- Reward: 4 River Tokens

Determined to make the most of her day in Riverend, she set off to begin her next adventure, eager to earn more River Tokens and contribute to the well-being of her village as well as putting half of the money she earned aside for her savings. Excited by the tasks ahead, Emma plotted her day, strategizing on how to maximize her earnings in River Tokens, the valuable currency of Riverend. With that she set off to complete the first task, ready to immerse herself in the challenges that awaited her in her beloved village.

Emma carefully takes the parchments off the wooden board with the quests listed on them, tucking them securely into her leather pouch. The handwriting on the parchments is elegant yet slightly faded, indicative of the many villagers who have perused the tasks over time. Each task is written in a flowing script, adding a touch of old-world charm to the village notice board.

As Emma's gaze settled on the task of gathering herbs from the meadow, a spark of determination ignited within her hunter's heart. With a confident stride, she accepted the quest, feeling the weight of her responsibility to the village. The meadow beckoned her with its vibrant colors and the promise of valuable herbs waiting to be collected. She set off towards the meadow, the tall grass swaying gently in the breeze. The sun bathed the meadow in a golden light, casting a warm glow over the landscape. As she knelt down to pluck the herbs, her senses heightened, each plant carefully chosen and stored in her pouch. The task was not just about gathering herbs; it was a connection to the land and a way to contribute to her community.