CHAPTER 4: THE NEW DAMN

The morning sun bathed the Mount Hua Sect in a warm, golden glow. Jalen awoke feeling refreshed, his mind buzzing with excitement and determination. Mayroon siyang malinaw na layunin: matutunan ang Qi cultivation at maging dalubhasa dito.

This was his chance to start anew, to leave behind his past, and forge a new path.

As he stepped out of his quarters, nakita niya ang mga disipulo na abala na sa kanilang morning training routines.

The sound of swords clashing and the disciplined chants of martial arts forms filled the air. The sight invigorated Jalen, reminding him of why he was here.

"Good morning, Jin Myung!" Gue Yue greeted him with a bright smile. "Ready for your first day of training?"

Jalen nodded, returning the smile. "Yes, I'm ready."

"Great! Follow me. Rue Ling instructed me to take you to the library first. Kailangan mong pag-aralan ang mga basics ng Qi cultivation bago ka magsimula sa physical training."

They walked along the stone paths, the beauty of Mount Hua never failing to amaze Jalen.

The sect was perched on the mountainside, offering breathtaking views of lush valleys below and majestic peaks above. The morning mist was just starting to lift, giving the entire place an elegant quality. It was a stark contrast to the smog-choked city he came from, and he felt a sense of peace and clarity he had never experienced before.

As they entered the grand library, Jalen was struck by the sheer volume of scrolls and books lining the shelves. It was a treasure trove of knowledge. The library itself was a marvel, with high vaulted ceilings and walls lined with ancient texts. The scent of old parchment and ink filled the air, adding to the aura of wisdom and history.

"Start with these," Gue Yue said, handing him a few scrolls.

"They cover the fundamentals of Qi cultivation. Take your time to understand them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of the senior disciples."

"Thank you, Senior Brother," Jalen said sincerely, taking the scrolls.

''Senior Brother" typically refers to an older male character who holds a senior position or authority within a group or organization, often serving as a mentor or guiding figure to younger characters.

As he read the manhwa, he remembers to use the term "senior brother" as a sign of respect towards older individuals who hold authority or mentorship roles.

Gue Yue left him to his studies, and Jalen settled into a quiet corner. He unrolled the first scroll and began to read. The text was dense, but with his natural language skills, he quickly understood its meaning. The scroll was filled with complex theories and intricate diagrams illustrating the flow of Qi through the human body.

"Qi is the vital energy that flows through all living beings," he read aloud to himself. "It is the essence of life, the force that drives martial arts and cultivation. To harness Qi, one must first understand its nature and learn to cultivate it within oneself."

Hours passed as Jalen absorbed the information. He found himself fascinated by the concept of Qi, its potential, and how it could enhance physical and mental abilities. The more he read, the more he felt a burning desire to master it.

Just as he was about to dive into another scroll, Rue Ling entered the library. "How's the studying going, Jin Myung?" he asked, a hint of a smile on his face.

"Yes, senior brother," Jalen replied with a bow.

As Jalen followed Rue Ling to the training grounds, they arrived at a secluded area where other disciples were practicing meditation and Qi techniques. The training grounds were vast, with different sections for various types of training. There were areas for swordsmanship, archery, hand-to-hand combat, and meditation. The ground was covered in smooth, flat stones, perfect for practicing martial arts without the risk of slipping or tripping.