CHAPTER 1: ISEKAI

Jalen Williams a 18 years old , a Filipino self-proclaimed 'lazy ass,' never cared much for the world. His life was a monotonous loop of video games, anime, and solitude. But on the day of his graduation, something inexplicable happened as he was about to receive his awards.

One moment, he was in the auditorium, the next, he was standing in a wasteland of death. The air was thick with the scent of decay, and the ground littered with bodies in various stages of decomposition.

"Ano 'to, nasa ibang mundo ba ako?" Jalen muttered to himself, his mind racing. "This can't be real right? I must be dreaming."

Jalen's mind was a whirlwind of confusion and fear as he surveyed the carnage around him. He'd seen a horse killed and mga tao na lasog-lasog ang katawan. "Bakit ang daming patay? May iba pa bang buhay dito?" he questioned himself, his gaze darting around in search of life amidst the death.

As he turned to his side, his eyes fell upon a formidable figure—a woman lying against a tree, her body covered in blood. Without hesitation, Jalen's heart raced as he approached the wounded woman. "Miss, are you okay? What's happening here?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

The woman turned to him, her eyes filled with fear. She spoke in a language he couldn't understand at first. "Huh?" Jalen felt foolish, unable to comprehend her words. But then, as if by magic, he understood her. She was speaking Korean, and her message was urgent. "Jin Myung, run now! They are coming again—the demon sects are approaching!!"

Before he could process her warning, the sound of galloping horses filled the air. Jalen turned just in time to see a man on horseback charging towards him. In one swift motion, the man scooped Jalen up and carried him away.

As they galloped away from the scene, Jalen's heart pounded against his chest. 

"Sino ba 'yung babae na 'yun? Bakit niya ako binalaan? And who is this man who took me away so abruptly?" He also noticed that the man who carried him is wounded.

Jalen's mind was spinning as fast as the horse's galloping hooves. "Sino ba 'yung babae? Ano ba talaga ang nangyayari dito? What does she mean about demon sect? And who is this man who took me so suddenly?" he pondered, still trying to piece together the puzzle of the woman's urgent message and the identity of the man who took him.

The rider was a silent guardian, his eyes fixed on the path ahead. As Jalen noticed the man's attire—a robe full of blood—guiding him through a forested landscape, he felt a mix of fear and awe.

"Where are you taking me?" Jalen finally gathered the courage to ask, his voice trembling.

"To a place where we are safe," the man replied, his voice steady and calm. Jalen couldn't help but feel bewildered. Why did this stranger save him? Who was he, and what did he want?

"You're safe now, little master. We'll get out of here alive and bring you to safety. Once we pass these forests, we'll be secure. The demon bastards must be exhausted from their pursuit!" the man explained, his eyes never leaving the path ahead.

Jalen's face was a mask of confusion. "Demon Sect? Nasa murim ba ako?" he thought to himself, recognizing the term from the manhwas he used to read and wondering if he had somehow been transported into the martial world of his manhwa.

''The "murim" refers to a fictional world or society of martial artists. It encompasses a hidden realm filled with martial arts clans, sects, and masters who possess extraordinary fighting skills and follow unique codes of honor and conduct.''

As they continued on their path, they encountered the Demon Sect waiting for them, ready to ambush with their bloodthirsty aura. Jalen was really shocked. "Are they the Demon Sect that you're talking about!?" The man who saved him kicked him off the horse and said, "Sorry, little master, for what I've done. Please run and save yourself. I'll be the bait for them. So run and save your life, and please hide!" Those were the last words of the man who saved him.