ᵒⁿᵉ

「ʰᵒʷ ⁱᵗ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗᵉᵈ」

「𖡷」

"𝗛𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿! 𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲?" 

Looking like a deer caught in headlights, a head of purple hair quickly ducked its head and made a break for it. He was caught escaping down a fire escape by his foster parents, who were chasing him to put the muzzle on again. He slipped up and accidentally ordered the other foster kid to be quiet. 

It was time anyway for him to go and find his sister, or to put it better, her to find him aimlessly going from library to library in search of her. 

"Hey! Wait up, kid!" the loud blonde that had caught him speed walked to catch up to the little purple head that seemed animate on walking back into the city's center, then bee-lining to the library. 

The loud blonde knew his shift was almost up, so he could stand to wait until he saw the kid come back out. Surprisingly, he didn't have to wait too long because the little listener walked out looking so dejected and sad. He just plopped down on the sidewalk outside the building, looking ready to cry.

Enough was enough. 

"Hey," he tried to use the softest voice a guy like him could, "can I help in some way, little listener?"

Sniffling, the kid didn't even look up at him, "Not unless you can find my sister for me."

Smiling, the blonde finally had something to go off of, "Well, sure I can. I am a hero, after all!" He got the kid's attention at that. "Why don't we go back to your parents? I'm sure they're looking for your sister too."

This provoked a violent reaction from the kid, who shook his head so hard he may have gotten whiplash. "No! We're at different foster homes. They always separate us because of our quirks."

Not that it should have been, but this answer sparked the hero's hope. He and his husband have been going through years of adoption paperwork to have the big family they never had growing up. 

"Tell you what, then, one foster kid to another?" The man tried to make this sound as non-creepy as possible because, let's face it, going up to a random crying kid and wanting to take them home is creepy. "Why don't you come stay with me and my husband? We've been trying to adopt for years, and I can tell you'd be a great fit. My god, you even resemble Shota but with purple hair!"

The kid, rightfully so, looked weary, "On one condition."

"Anything."

"My sister and I haven't been in the same house in years. I want her with me for good."

"DEAL!" The man accidentally used his quirk in excitement. He was finally starting a family! "I'm Yamada Hizashi; nice to meet you, little listener!"

"Shinsou Hitoshi."

「𖡷」

Thankfully, when the two arrived at the hero's house, the husband he mentioned wasn't home. Yamada had said he was probably still on his own patrol, but Hitoshi couldn't seem to pay attention to him once 2 cats approached him. Curiously, they smelled his hand, and was then unable to move as he sat on the floor, the smaller cat on his shoulders with the larger, more fluffy one on his lap.

Was he just brought to heaven instead of a new home?

The man had apparently seen this as a distraction to go and change into house clothes and to send a warning text to his husband that they now are parents of two, one pending, and said nothing more.