The Prologue.

The people kept pissing him off, he wanted it all to stop. Pulling his arms and poking n' prodding him like he was just some toy... They kept on pushing him, closer and closer to the edge...

"JACK! WAKE UP! PANCAKES ARE READY!" His mom yelled, interrupting his nightmare. He checks the time, 8:02- shit! He overslept!
"J-Just a minute!" He yells back, not even realizing that he hasn't been eating for the past 4 days.
"HURRY THE FUCK UP! YOUR PANCAKES ARE GONNA GET COLD AND YOU'RE GONNA MISS THE BUS!!"

And with that Jack hurriedly gets dressed, and rushes down the stairs, only to be met with...
"heh, sorry bitch. Your pancakes were getting cold, so I figured I'd... Y'know... Do you a little favor..."
Ugh... it was Poppy, his younger half sister, and she fucking ate his pancakes. "Either way, your fatass needs to stop scoffing at all the chips."
The girl muttered under her breath... He was going to say something in response to this, but he decided not to since when stuff like this happens, (it's more common than you think) it's best just to let Poppy get her way otherwise there is usually a fight. Fights with Poppy mean 2 different sides. Jack doesn't like the number 2, as it reminds him of his parents divorce... But that's besides the point.

"you better not tell mom about this... Little situation."

Poppy hissed, bits of pancake flying everywhere. She sat there, smugly, waiting for a reaction, but to her surprise she didn't get one. Jack just walked away. Like he does with anyone else he doesn't want to fucking speak to. He walked straight out the front door... Just like his dad did... The journey to the bus stop seemed to be longer than usual, the twisting alleys were like a maze. He did however know the alleyways like the back of his hand... Mostly because he had the paths actually cut into the back of his hand.

When he finally reached the bus stop, Emily, his best friend and one of the only people that he trusts, was there. Phew. He didn't miss the bus for once.
"Heyyyyy! Look who finally decided to show up!"
"Hey Em." He said, not even looking up at her
"Did you hear about the fight that happened yesterday? Poor Noah and Lukas..." Jack eyes snapped open at the mention of another fight
"Damn, another fight? When's the execution?" 'hopefully it's not too soon, I need to mentally prepare myself for it- I swear more and more people are stepping out of line lately...' He thought to himself.
"Nobody knows yet... I just wish there was a more humane way of controlling the population..."
"Pfft... Like what, sending everyone to Mars?" Jack joked, trying to find something to be happy about.
"Yeah but we've tried to get life on Mars for like, 70 years, I highly doubt- oh look, the bus is here" she pointed out, as the bus slowly came to a halt at the side of them.
"Pus asses ease" The bus driver spat at them, seeming fed up of doing her job. Jack and Emily rummage about in their pockets until getting both of their bus passes out, and showing them to the bus driver. "Hmm... eems right..." She said, not being able to even read them. With that, they took both their seats on the bus, and took their very long journey to the jail they called school.