Chapter 0

This bit is from the short story "Night of Trauma". I'll be expanding on that story as I obtained a couple of ideas to add to this! If you already read my short story then please be my guest and continue to the next chapter!

Thanks for reading and giving my stuff a chance!

A stormy night rages on as trees bend to the will of Mother Nature's merciless act. A young boy is huffing, puffing, and running against the pouring rain. Little Cornell is desperately dodging and weaving through bushes and fallen tree trunks. He tripped over a tree root that was sticking out "Ah!" He whimpers as he slowly picks himself back up. The sound of a twig snapping reaches his ear. His short black with white tipped hair stands on end and he gets back to running.

"He's over here! I think I heard him!" a grown male voice yells out. "Keep on him!" a female voice responds. Cornell's eyes widen in horror as he just wants to be left alone. 'Why is this happening to me? Why?!' is the question that is running through his mind. At the other end of the forest in a wide opening where the forest begins, there are armored vehicles outside a ranch-style home.

"You bastards... that's my little boy" an angry Mother with tears in her eyes speaks clenching her fists. "Meena stop" her spouse with a saddened look on his face takes her unclenched hand and holds it. "I would take Al's advice, Meena" a white-haired older man dressed from chest to toe in what looks like military-grade body armor. "Your boy as you put it sent a classmate of his to the I.C.U. and another nearly lost their arm" he coldly glares her down.

"Damn it you heard his Teachers!" she screams. "Those kids bullied him and he was defending hims-" she stopped as a pistol was an inch from her forehead. "Alister... shut her up or you'll be left without a wife too" the gruff-looking soldier orders. Alister wrapped her in his arms in a tight hug just in case but then processed what the old soldier said "Wait what..." He looks up at the soldier who holsters his weapon "What are you going to do with Cory..."

The old soldier reacts to the nickname in disgust and says "Cornell will be coming with us... If he makes it difficult then well... We'll put him down like the beast that he is." While this interaction is happening there is a single soldier at each side of the house's front entrance standing guard. An inhuman scream roars out causing both grunts to jump in place "What was that?!" one grunt asked the other. The door in between them breaks apart as a body is flung through it.

"Sir!" the soldiers ran over to the now unconscious old man lying right by one of their vehicles. His head was bloodied from the physical trauma he had endured. Additional soldiers around the property march towards the house and rush in to find no one... "An intimidating short black hair female stomps her way in "Get the boss medical attention and find me those parents!" She's outfitted in similar attire to the old man as the soldiers respond all unanimously "Sir yes sir!" In groups of three the soldiers set out for the manhunt.