Chapter 1 - The Others

"Alister it's already been 100 miles! Cory needs medical attention!" Meena cuts in front of her spouse holding their child close to her chest. Stopping dead in his tracks he wasn't keeping track on how far they'd gone. Seeing his child and wife beaten, dirtied, and now tired he snaps out of it. "I know, I'm trying to find Lunar Lake," he says pointing to a general direction. "We're almost there and he can get help there."

Leading the way towards the lake, she freezes in place, "Anywhere else but there..." Al stops and without turning around he says, "If you're worried about him, don't be... He learned his place last time." He didn't take another foot until he heard his partner step forward. "We don't have time for territorial squabble..." she says holding Cornell tighter in her embrace. As they inched ever closer to the lakes location the fog only thickened in the forest they were in. Thankfully their vision was clear as day in this thick fog, then again...

"Al it's getting harder to see..." Meena commented as she cautiously studied her surroundings. She stopped right when she felt the tip of her feet get wet. "We're here..." Al said who was already waist deep. He was not wasting time as he looked back at his partner. "You know what to do... put Cory in the water and let it do its thing." She did what her partner asked and gently placed her son into the lake. Cornell, asleep, begins to float into the water. His sleeping body floats towards the reflection of the moon.

The howl of another pierced through the tense air getting Al to snarl showing his beast-like teeth. "Does he really want another round?! I'm not in the mood!" Al's eyes glowed a bright yellow under the moonlight as he tried to look through the fog to find the source of the howling. The sounds of quick splashes tense Meena up, but as much as she would love to fend off whatever is gunning for them, she has to keep an eye on Cornell. Speaking of her son, he does look like he's doing better, she can't admire him for too long when-

What started as light quick movement in the water turned into loud splashes accompanied with the panting of a wild beast and the shadowy figure of a wolf got onto it's two hind legs appearing more man-like. "Alisterrrrr!!!" a gruff voice roared out Al's name as this towering beast came with a punch in tow! Al shouted in pain as he arched over the fist but thankfully he caught the punch in what, he thinks, could have easily gone through him in his human form.

The sounds of a scuffle between what sounds like two dogs broke out. "Al?!" she looked over where she last saw her husband to see two wolf beasts in his place. One of them she recognized as her husband who was biting into the other beasts shoulder from behind. The struggle was inching them closer to Cornell which shot her anxiety. "Be careful! You're going towards Cory!" the opposing wolf bent forward launching Al over him. His bite letting go of the enemy wolf to reorient himself once he lands into the water.

"Don't worry, the pup is next" the enemy wolf with a snarl in his speech looked over seeing that Cornell was a hop and a skip away. "He's Al's kid alright..." he stomped over to the unconscious Cornell. Al, getting back onto his feet, lunged towards his enemy "Away from my son Tauren!" Tauren was too slow to react as Al got him by the throat but he didn't bite into him...yet. Meena yelled out over to him, "Yield Tauren! We don't want to kill you!"

Tauren growling trying to struggle out of Al's grasp scratches and kicks, but he can't get him off. "Then you're going to have to kill me then or I will kill that pup!" Meena hearing the threat towards her child pushes her over the edge, she turns into her beast form in the blink of an eye launching herself up into the air above them. Al see's her crashing down and does not want to be caught in attack. So he times himself to move out of the way at the last second to not give Tauren enough time to dodge.

Crashing down from her high jump, she achieved the speed of rocket when she nailed Tauren in the throat with her knee. The water in the lake parted from the impact showing how strong she came down onto him. Any normal man, would died on the spot. Tauren, obviously, isn't normal, so the best it did was knock him out. She quickly turned back into her human form after confirming he would be of no trouble any longer and went to go check on her son. Her son who's sleeping body floated away due to the fight. 

The sound of, what she processed as a lullaby, got louder and louder the closer she got to where she last saw Cornell. The moon, as if on cue, shone onto a woman in a blue top dress and pants. Bits of the dress on the arms were see through, but her abdomen were solid leaving no transparency. She wore pale white pants and black dress boots. She seemed ripped out of the Victorian era. Her hair yet long and full enough for Cornell to use as a pillow. This lady met Meena's eye's with her pale blue ones then locked onto Al who was coming up right behind Meena.

"Sister?"