┉┈◈𐍆𐍈𐍁𐍂†𐌴𐌴𐍀◈┈┉

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The first thing she noticed as she drifted back into consciousness was that her hair was damp and cold. The second thing she noticed was that the soreness between her legs wasn't the first thing she noticed. That was a big surprise.

She definitely felt sore, especially when she shifted her thighs, but it wasn't as bad as it should have been considering how rough he ended up being. The memory flashed vividly in her mind and it made her cheeks heat up as well as her body—which she noticed was still naked, though laying on top of a new bed covering.

She heard the door open and her head turned to see Tük'hala walking in with an oval container in his hand. He froze when he saw she was awake. Their eyes met.

He stared for a moment before his gaze dropped down to her figure, flitting over her as if checking to see if she was completely fine. That seemed to be the intention at first, but once he determined she was okay, his eyes roamed over her naked curves again in a heated sort of way that sent a jolt of arousal to her core.

His forked tongue flickered out and immediately he looked at her with a smirk so smug she wanted to slap it right off his face.

"Thinking about me, my mate?"

It seemed she'd woken up feeling dangerous. "No."

The smirk vanished and he growled, stalking towards her.

She put her hands up in a nervous, placating gesture. "I was kidding, I swear, I wasn't thinking about anyone else."

Tük'hala ignored her words and crawled over her, placing the container to the side before caging her between him and the bed. His much larger body dwarfed her smaller frame.

"I was just messing with you, don't be—"

He kissed her deeply, the possessive growl still rumbling in his chest as his claws found their way gently into her damp locks, lightly dragging down her scalp. She shivered and melted into it, kissing him back with her hands resting on his shoulders.

After a while, they parted for air.

"Did you wash my hai—"

She was interrupted by another kiss. Shaking off the mild irritation, she returned it until they parted again.

"Why is—"

His lips silenced hers and now she was starting to think he was messing with her. She didn't return the kiss this time, her face resting in a blank expression.

Until he nipped her bottom lip and she yelped.

"Hey!—"

"Do not joke about that," he said sternly, looking down into her eyes with barely an inch between their faces.

Charlie blinked, her lips pressed into a thin line. She couldn't help but push a little by asking, "Why not?"

His gaze narrowed. "Because it upsetsss me."

"Why?"

He growled. "Because I hate the thought of you becoming aroused by another male."

"Why?"

"Because you are mine!"

"Why?"

"Because—" he stopped himself and frowned down at her smiling face.

It was fun to annoy him. It felt like payback after he kept shutting her up before.

But the slow smirk that started to curl on his mouth made nervous little butterflies erupt in her stomach and her smile faded.