19. BEST FRIENDS PROMISES

Days dragged on slowly and painfully and Yvette felt she would go mad if she didn't do something else rather than mop all day or call Cara just to rant about how her life sucks.

So instead of being all moody,she got a part time job and made sure to visit Joalie everyday after her shift even though the latter was mostly asleep everytime.

Harvey still hadn't called back or showed up and it was already nearing the end of the third week of his absence. The man in suit still followed her around and she had avoided everyone she knew aside Otto and Mabel.

The pity looks were starting to really irritate her…beyond her tolerance.

“You're moping again.” Cara's voice snapped her out of her daydream and she stared at her laptop screen.

“I'm sorry.”

“You keep saying I'm sorry Yvette. You know you can do better than mope right?”

“I have a part time job now. It keeps my mind away from things.”

Cara rolled her eyes. “Yeah for like 4 hours or whatnot. Look,I'm just saying you should quit this depressing look. You literally grew out your hair just to hide your face in it.”

“I like how it's so long and full now. I can braid it plus i didn't grow it out on purpose. I just haven't had time to go to the salon for a haircut.”

“Just go out and cheer up a bit. Or you can think of something nice to do for Joalie. Like a bucket list or something that she would be able to do while still being confined.”

Yvette's face lit up with a smile.

“There's a bucket list we both made last year. You're the best. Thank you for this idea Cara.”

Cara started to smile but then stopped. “Let me see your palms Yvette.”she demanded and the latter frowned. 

“I'm good. Joalie made sure to pull my ear last week.”

“I kinda find it hard to believe you.”

Yvette sighed and showed her palms. “Satisfied?”

Cara smiled. “Yes. You worry a lot for other people that you tend to forget about yourself. It's nice that you care about people but it isn't healthy if you neglect yourself.”

“You sound like my therapist.”

Cara glared at her. “I'm serious.”

“Yeah, i know. That's my own way of telling that I'm back on therapy. Started last week.”

“You're serious?”

“Damn straight. My mum refused to hear me out on ‘no therapy'.”

“Did you guys argue?”

Yvette rolled her eyes. “Twice. I told her to eat shit the first time.”

Cara held back a laugh. “No! You didn't”

“I did then regretted it. I know she's trying her absolute best for me Cara but she's not listening. She's too stuck in her ‘I'm trying to help you Yvette’ world to even hear me out properly.”

“How's the therapy sessions going?” 

Yvette paused and thought back on the silent battle she's had with Dr Dew, her therapist and shook her head

“Bad. I'm not interested but apparently i have to do it to be kept sane.”

“Why are you back in therapy? The only reason why you had been in therapy was…wait, you're…”