Chapter 8

Cuphead was sitting on the beach, wearing a red button up shirt with a floral pattern and swimming trunks. He was holding a Coconut drink with a mini umbrella inside, it tasted like a mix of pineapple, bananas, and obviously coconut. The cup headed character stared off into the wonderfully animated horizon of the beach, it had a beautiful mix of blues, purple, pinks, yellows and oranges. It looked like something straight out of a postcard. Cuphead himself couldn't have felt any more relaxed than he did at this moment. He just wondered where Mugman was, he would've loved the scenery.

He then hears a call, a call that was almost like a melodious tune. It sounded like it was coming from the beach itself. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard. He got up from his chair and started walking towards the beach, following the song like a moth to a flame. He stopped walking and started to swim towards the noise, and he dived down underwater. He swam deeper and deeper underwater until he came across the source of the music. He sees a giant clam that had bubbles coming out of it. It opened slowly, revealing Cala Maria singing. When she looked at Cuphead, she stopped singing and she said in a very slow tone. "Yoo-Hoo." and winked.

Cuphead blew a bubble out of his straw, it was in the shape of a heart. Cala Maria started swimming towards Cuphead and held her hand out. She had a look in her eyes that said 'Dance with me.' Cuphead took her hand and they began ballroom dancing. The only music playing was the songs in their hearts and the sparks that fly between them. Cuphead had never felt this way before, not even with Baroness von Bonbon. He was so happy....yet so...confused. Cala Maria closed her eyes and began to lean forward towards Cuphead. He began to lean forward also, but before they could close the distance. He realized something.....HE WAS DROWNING!

...................................

Cuphead woke up after Mugman had thrown about three buckets of water on his face. He stood up after coughing up all the water he had swallowed. He got his bearings and looked around he saw Mugman and Hilda Berg both with a worried look towards him, Mugman was holding the bucket. They were all at Sugarland Square near the Soda fountain. Cuphead could easily guess that he threw soda from the fountain in his face......that and the slight burning sensation in his eyes.

"Cuphead! You were unconscious for a whole hour! I thought......You would never wake up." Mugman said so scared of what might've been. Cuphead put his hand on Mugman's shoulder and said "Aw, Bro. Does it look like i'm going anywhere soon?" He asked to soothe his younger brother.

Then Cuphed asked "What happened?"

"Grim Matchstick and Captain Brineybeard teamed up and they took Bonbon and Cala Maria."

The memories began to snap back in his porcelain head. He jumped up and his straw briefly turned into an exclamation point. The mysterious liquid in his head briefly jumped right out in surprise. Hilda Berg REALLY wanted to ask the question, but she knew how insulted they got whenever anyone did.

"Aw no! We gotta rescue them!" Cuphead said as he looked in the direction where Matchstick Castle was.

"But how is Cuphead? They were hard to beat alone, how can we beat them both?" Mugman said in a panicked tone.

"It's two Versus Two Mugman. We can take 'em." Cuphead reassured.

"Make that Two Versus Three." Hilda said as she put her hand on Mugman's shoulder.
They all had a look of determination on their face, Cuphead and Mugman ran off while Hilda went in the opposite direction.

.....................

Cuphead slid open the old garage door revealing two vehicles under a sheet.
"It's been almost a Year, do you think they still work?" Mugman asked
Cuphead removed the sheets revealing both airplanes were still in good condition, especially after all the aerial battles. They both spun the propellers which kick started the engines. They put on their flight goggles and scarves. After a few moments of the planes picking up speed, they took off into the night sky.