CHAPTER 7: Breaking Point

The pressure at U.A. High School was unrelenting, and for Katsuki Bakugo, the weight seemed to be crushing him more each day. Shoto Todoroki watched his friend with growing concern. Despite their bond and the support he'd offered, Bakugo's internal struggle was intensifying.

One evening, Todoroki noticed Bakugo slipping away from the common room, his expression blank and distant. A gnawing sense of dread filled Todoroki, prompting him to follow Bakugo quietly. He trailed him to the bathroom, the same place where Bakugo had broken down weeks before.

As Todoroki approached the bathroom door, he heard the faint sound of a sob and the unmistakable clink of metal. Heart pounding, he pushed the door open, and what he saw made his blood run cold.

Bakugo was sitting on the floor, a small blade in his hand, blood dripping from fresh cuts on his arm. His face was contorted with pain and despair, tears streaming down his cheeks. Todoroki acted on instinct, rushing forward and snatching the blade from Bakugo's hand, throwing it across the room where it clattered against the tiles.

"Bakugo, no!" Todoroki's voice was filled with anguish as he knelt beside his friend, who turned away, unable to meet his eyes.

"Why did you follow me?" Bakugo's voice was hoarse, barely more than a whisper. "I didn't want you to see this."

Todoroki grabbed the first aid kit from the sink, his hands trembling as he began to bandage Bakugo's arm. "I couldn't just leave you alone when I knew something was wrong," he said softly, tears welling up in his eyes. "You mean too much to me, Bakugo. I can't stand to see you hurting yourself."

Bakugo's facade crumbled further, his body shaking with silent sobs. "I don't know how to handle it, Todoroki. Everything's falling apart, and I feel so... helpless."

Todoroki's tears spilled over as he finished bandaging Bakugo's arm. He wrapped his arms around Bakugo, pulling him into a tight embrace. "I care about you so much, Bakugo. You're my friend, and I don't want to lose you. Please, don't do this to yourself. You don't have to face this alone."

Bakugo hesitated for a moment before finally returning the hug, clinging to Todoroki as if he were a lifeline. "I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion. "I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I didn't want you to see me like this."

Todoroki tightened his embrace, his tears soaking into Bakugo's shirt. "It's okay to be vulnerable, Bakugo. It's okay to ask for help. I'm here for you, and so are our friends. You don't have to carry this burden by yourself."

Something seemed to click in Bakugo's mind, a realization that he didn't have to face his demons alone. He held onto Todoroki, drawing strength from the bond they shared. "I won't do it again," he promised, his voice steadying. "I don't want to hurt myself anymore. I don't want to hurt you."

Todoroki pulled back slightly, looking into Bakugo's eyes with a mixture of relief and determination. "We'll get through this together. We'll find a way to help you heal. You're not alone, Bakugo. Never forget that."

Bakugo nodded, a small but genuine smile breaking through the tears. "Thank you, Todoroki. For everything."

They stayed like that for a while, the bond between them stronger than ever. The bathroom, once a place of despair, had become a sanctuary of hope and support. Todoroki knew the road ahead would be difficult, but he was determined to help Bakugo find his way back from the darkness.

For now, they had each other, and that was enough to face whatever challenges lay ahead. Together, they would heal, step by step, day by day, and emerge stronger from the trials that had tested their friendship and their hearts.