CHAPTER 9: Sun, Sand, and Laughter

The following weekend, the weather was perfect for a trip to the beach. Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugo decided to take advantage of the sunny day and head to the seaside. They packed their bags with essentials and made their way to a secluded spot they had heard about from their classmates.

The sound of waves crashing against the shore and the salty sea breeze greeted them as they arrived. Todoroki laid out a large beach towel and set up an umbrella for some shade, while Bakugo inspected the area, eyeing the water warily.

"Come on, Bakugo," Todoroki said, stripping off his shirt and heading toward the water. "It's perfect for a swim."

Bakugo hesitated, crossing his arms. "I don't know, Todoroki. The sea's not really my thing."

Todoroki raised an eyebrow. "Afraid of a little water?"

Bakugo glared at him but didn't respond, his hesitation still clear. Todoroki, always one to challenge his friend in good spirit, took a few steps back onto the sand.

"Alright then," he said, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Guess I'll have to drag you in."

Before Bakugo could react, Todoroki lunged forward, grabbing Bakugo's arm and pulling him toward the sea. Bakugo struggled at first, but Todoroki's determined grip and playful demeanor made resistance futile.

"Fine, fine! Let go, you icy bastard!" Bakugo laughed, finally giving in as they both splashed into the waves.

The cool water enveloped them, and their laughter echoed across the beach. They splashed each other, playing like children, the weight of their worries momentarily forgotten. For a while, it was just the two of them, the sun, and the endless expanse of the ocean.

After a while, they made their way back to their spot on the sand. Bakugo flopped down onto the towel, wiping water from his face. "Okay, that wasn't too bad."

Todoroki smiled, sitting beside him. "Told you it would be fun."

As they sat in the sun, Todoroki noticed Bakugo's face turning red, a slight dazed look in his eyes. "You alright? You look like you're getting a bit of heat stroke."

Bakugo groaned, lying back on the towel. "Yeah, maybe a little."

Todoroki grabbed a bottle of water from their bag, opening it and offering it to Bakugo. "Here, drink this. It'll help."

Bakugo pushed it away, shaking his head. "No way. That's yours."

Todoroki looked at him, confused. "I haven't even drank from it yet."

Bakugo rolled his eyes, a hint of a smirk on his lips. "Doesn't matter. It's like me kissing you, and that's gay!"

Todoroki burst out laughing, the sound light and carefree. "Bakugo, it's just water. I promise I haven't touched it."

Bakugo eyed the bottle suspiciously but finally relented, taking it from Todoroki's hand. "Fine, but only because I'm dying here."

He took a long drink, and Todoroki watched with a fond smile. "Feel better?"

Bakugo nodded, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "Yeah, thanks."

They spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing on the beach, the heat of the sun tempered by occasional dips in the sea. Todoroki made sure Bakugo stayed hydrated, teasing him gently every time he handed him the water bottle.

As the sun began to set, painting the sky with hues of orange and pink, they packed up their things and headed back home. The day had been filled with laughter and camaraderie, a reminder of the simple joys of friendship.

"Today was good," Bakugo said as they walked back to the bus stop, the warm glow of the sunset reflecting in his eyes.

"Yeah, it was," Todoroki agreed. "We should do this more often."

Bakugo nodded, a rare, genuine smile spreading across his face. "Definitely. And next time, I'll bring my own water."

Todoroki laughed, shaking his head. "Deal."

As they boarded the bus back to U.A., they both felt lighter, the burdens they carried eased by the warmth of their bond. The beach had offered them a day of normalcy and fun, strengthening their friendship and creating memories that would last a lifetime.