CHAPTER 8: A Day of Normalcy

After the intense and emotional confrontation in the bathroom, Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugo's bond was stronger than ever. The road to recovery was long, but Bakugo was determined to get better, supported by Todoroki and their friends. To take a break from the pressures of U.A. High School, they decided to spend a day at the mall, hoping for a bit of normalcy and fun.

It was a sunny Saturday morning when Todoroki knocked on Bakugo's door. "You ready?"

Bakugo opened the door, looking more relaxed than he had in weeks. "Yeah, let's go. I'm not spending the whole day cooped up in here."

They walked to the mall, the fresh air and sunshine lifting their spirits. As they entered the bustling shopping center, Bakugo's eyes lit up at the sight of a store specializing in high-end sneakers.

"Let's check this place out," Bakugo said, leading the way.

Todoroki followed, a small smile on his lips. "Looking for something in particular?"

"Just seeing what's new," Bakugo replied, already engrossed in the rows of brightly colored shoes.

They spent some time in the store, with Bakugo trying on several pairs and Todoroki offering his opinions. After making a purchase, they continued their exploration of the mall, stopping at various shops that caught their interest.

"How about we grab something to eat?" Todoroki suggested, noticing a food court ahead.

Bakugo nodded. "Sounds good. I'm starving."

They wandered through the food court, debating what to eat. Eventually, they settled on a mix of Japanese street food and Western fast food, finding a table in a quieter corner to enjoy their meal.

"Remember the last time we had a day off like this?" Todoroki asked, taking a bite of his yakitori.

Bakugo smirked. "Yeah, it was forever ago. We ended up at that arcade and I beat you at every game."

Todoroki chuckled. "Not every game. I won that racing one."

"Fluke," Bakugo retorted, but there was no malice in his tone, only the playful banter of friends.

After lunch, they wandered into a game store, where Bakugo's competitive nature reared its head again. "Think you can take me in a round of Street Fighter?"

Todoroki raised an eyebrow. "You're on."

They spent the next hour engaged in fierce battles, the sounds of their laughter and good-natured trash talk filling the store. Bakugo's fiery determination met its match in Todoroki's calm precision, and the competition was fierce.

When they finally left the store, both of them were in high spirits. "Next time, I'm definitely winning," Bakugo declared.

"We'll see," Todoroki replied with a grin.

Their next stop was a bookstore, where Todoroki found a section dedicated to cooking. He picked up a few books on various cuisines, and Bakugo, noticing his interest, suggested they try cooking together sometime.

"Maybe you can teach me how to make something without blowing it up," Bakugo said with a rare smile.

Todoroki laughed. "I'd like that. Cooking can be pretty relaxing."

As the afternoon turned into evening, they made one last stop at a small café for dessert. Sitting outside, enjoying the cool breeze and the twilight sky, they shared stories and dreams, their conversation flowing effortlessly.

"Today was fun," Bakugo admitted, taking a sip of his drink. "Thanks for dragging me out here."

"I'm glad you had a good time," Todoroki replied. "We should do this more often. It's good to take a break from everything."

Bakugo nodded, a thoughtful look in his eyes. "Yeah, we should."

The day at the mall had been a perfect escape, a reminder of the simple joys of friendship and the importance of taking care of oneself. As they walked back to the dorms, their bags filled with their purchases and their hearts lighter, they knew they had taken another step forward in their journey.

For Todoroki and Bakugo, this day was more than just a break from their routines; it was a reaffirmation of their bond, a testament to the strength they found in each other. And as they looked ahead, they knew that no matter what challenges awaited them, they would face them together, stronger and closer than ever before.