The Transition

season 7 was a flash of what life could be like if the comet didn't get destroyed. this the aftermath of jumping times to the '50s and back to the present.

i hope you enjoy!
——

After the Comet Bailey hit Riverdale, the crew was sent back into time- the 50s. They went through the course of senior year again, as well as relationships. In this timeline, everything seemed to be perfect. Although the timing had a lot of difficult rough patches, they always found a way to acknowledge the bad and make the light shine through it all.

When the comet hit once more, they were sent back to their current lives. Cheryl was lying outside Pop's parking lot. Toni was in the bunker with Fangs and baby Anthony. Veronica was at the Pembrooke, looking through the windows of her apartment. Jughead was with Betty and Archie as they were also looking out the window.

It was still night. It seemed as if the comet didn't hit. Twice. But the only thing anyone could think about was the memories they had completed while in another timeline. Toni's mind flashed with her time with Cheryl. How they laughed, hugged, kissed, and made love. She tried to blink the thoughts away but the feeling she got from them was so pungent she threw up.

Fangs grabbed a small trash can from the corner and placed it in front of Toni. She thanked him and laid on the bed, her hand draping over her eyes. Before she could attempt to close her eyes, Fangs caught her attention by saying, "Toni, where's Cheryl?"

With Toni being wrapped up in her thoughts, she forgot about Cheryl being at Pop's. She told Fangs to stay where he was and that she would call him when she was with Cheryl. Fangs responded and sat on the bed, taking Toni's place. Toni left the bunker and got on her motorcycle, making her way to Cheryl. When she arrived, the sight of the lifeless body lying on the floor made her jolt off her bike.

She ran to the redhead, out of breath, and turned her body slightly. When Cheryl was on her back, she placed her hand under her head, pushing the hair out of her face. She checked for her pulse, which turned out to be very weak. With that, she called Betty, telling her to meet her at Pops ASAP. A short while later, Betty was skidding through the streets and into the parking lot.

When she arrived, she saw Toni sitting on her legs, holding Cheryl. She got out of the car and saw Cheryl lifelessly living in Toni's arms. Betty helped Toni pick her up and place her into the car. The entire car ride was filled with Toni's voice flowing through the air. She was telling Cheryl to stay, to fight, and that she needed her to be here. They drove to the nearest hospital and Betty grabbed some nurses, to which they rolled her into an emergency bed to see what was wrong with her.

After the doctors checked Cheryl, they informed Toni and Betty that her body was extremely exhausted and that she would need to stay for a few days before she could go home. Before the doctor could finish, Toni interrupted by asking "Can I see her?"

"Yes, you can. I just want to inform you that she's in a slight coma. So, the best advice would be to talk to her. She'll be able to hear you," the doctor informed.

Toni gave a nod of understanding and followed the doctor to Cheryl's room. He told her to take as much time as she needed and left the two women alone. Toni stood at the door for a while, contemplating whether or not she should sit beside the redhead. Although she saved her, she couldn't get the thought of everything that's happened out of her head. They hadn't talked in nearly forever and she didn't feel that it was her place to be by her bedside.

Before she could make a decision, Betty walked over toward her. "She'd want you here, you know?" Betty stated, snapping Toni into a slight reality.

"I've said a lot of hurtful things to her, Betty. I don't know if she'd want me here," Toni said, her tears being caught in her throat.