•01•

|Lynn's POV|

⋆ ˚。⋆ ୨୧˚ 💛 ˚୨୧ ⋆。˚ ⋆

As my mother and I arrive at the Park's country residence, I feel the anticipation of all the exciting summer experiences to come bubbling up inside me.

"Now," my mother begins her usual rambling as she outstretches a hand and turns the radio down low enough to ensure I hear her every word. "I want you to remember what I said about calling and checking in."

I nod.

"I know, I know. I'll call home every night before bed." I all but groan. "You've only reminded me a million times."

My mother grins.

"I know I have, but can you blame me? It's our first time being apart since your father-"

Clearing my throat I do my best to keep my mother from souring both of our moods with the uncomfortable topic of my father's passing.

"I promise to call you every night and tell you all about my day momma."

The gravel driveway stretches on, instilling an even greater sense of impatience unto me as we finally approach the house.

"And if anything bad happens?" My mother goes on, prodding me to finish her sentence.

"You're the first person I'll contact."

My mother smiles pleasantly as we near the end of the driveway.

As we do, I can hardly resist the urge to grab the door handle and swing open the passenger side door, eager to run inside.

My mother seems to notice my impatience as she now chuckles beside me, shaking her head softly as she says:

"At least let me park before you go barreling out."

I grin guiltily, retracting my hand and doing my best to settle the nerves I feel bubbling inside of me as we slowly come to a stop.

"Sorry, it's just been so long since I've seen him."

Him being my childhood best friend, Park Jimin.

Our mothers were best friends in primary school and had been stuck to one another's sides like glue ever since.

So, it was only natural that once they both finally settled down and had kids with their respective spouses that their children were raised to be constantly together.

That is until I turned about ten and my father fell ill. After that, we had to move to a less rural area for his treatment.

Since then, about eight years ago, a lot has changed in our lives and my mother and I have been much too busy between bills, part-time jobs, and schooling to even think about returning to the countryside to visit with our loved ones.

That is until everything started to finally pick up back home. A few months ago I graduated high school, my mother got a promotion, and our rent finally decreased after nearly a decade of renting from the same landlord.

Once our stress died down significantly I finally had a moment to breathe and reminisce in the best times of my life.

Eventually, that led to me reaching out to Mrs. Park who was more than thrilled to invite me to her farmhouse for the summer so long as my mother didn't mind.