•02•

|Jimin's POV|

⋆ ˚。⋆ ୨୧˚ 💛 ˚୨୧ ⋆。˚ ⋆

As Lynn lies just beneath me on the grass, I can hardly contain myself. She looks ethereal.

I mean, growing up she always had pretty features, but now?

Everything about her is so captivatingly beautiful I can hardly bring myself to look away.

As she lays on her back, with her wild auburn curls sprawled across the greenery and her adorable smile beaming on display I can feel my heart practically pounding out of my chest.

Her big hazel eyes are filled with so much joy, her tiny button nose is dotted with hundreds of little freckles And her lips are big, plush, and smeared with a light pink tint.

Her face is the same heart shape I remember, but her cheeks have hallowed out and now showcase her high-set cheekbones beautifully.

When I look at her I see pieces of the girl I've always loved as well as fragments of a stranger I can't wait to get to know.

"You're so beautiful, Lynn," I whisper breathlessly, watching as a look of surprise suddenly flashes across her features, overtaking her precious smile.

My eyes widen as I realize I'd mindlessly let the thought slip aloud.

I scramble, parting my lips and attempting to correct myself in some way shape, or form only, before I can get another word out I'm interrupted by a tall figure now standing over Lynn and I on the ground.

"So I take it this is the girl you've been raving about?"

Both Lynn and I glance up and meet the gaze of my best friend and housemate, Taehyung.

Relieved by his distracting presence I smile and let out a short laugh, finally pushing myself up from the ground and putting some much-needed distance between me and Lynn.

"Sure is," I grin, now holding out a hand to Lynn and waiting for her to pull herself back up on her feet.

Only, she doesn't. She's too busy staring up at Taehyung with a mixture of unreadable emotions that mirror her mother's to even notice that I've left her side on the lawn.

"Who's this?" Mrs. Kang asks, suddenly standing beside the rest of us with a few of her daughter's bags tucked beneath her arms.

Her tone is laced with concern and confusion and her expression has hardened significantly.

Taehyung offers the woman a friendly smile as he quickly reaches out and takes Lynn's bags from the woman.

"I'm Kim Taehyung," he bows his head slightly before throwing one of the bags over his shoulder casually. "I'll be staying here this summer to help Jimin keep an eye on things for Mrs. And Mr. Park."

Mrs. Kang's lips form a wordless 'o' shape as she now watches my friend turn to face the girl who still lays on her back near our feet.

"I've heard a lot about you Lynn. It's good to finally put a face to all those stories Jimin's told me."

Finally, Lynn has managed to snap out of the daze she'd been stuck in and forces a tight-lipped smile.