🎭Masking and Hiding🎭

Requested by: @AFunky_Jester

-no ships
-Henry Angst 🩶

I tried my best and I hope you enjoy! This AU was before Jake joined the club.

Henry sat at home in his bed, he sat confused and tired. But he opened up his phone once a notification popped up. Jomies. Of course. He saw that they had started a group call. Quickly he joined and instantly was met with Liam's laughter. He zoned out thinking about his life.

Henry puts on a brave face, always cracking jokes to hide his true feelings. But deep down, he feels like he's not really seen, not really heard. He feels like he's just the funny guy, the sidekick, the one who's there to make everyone else shine. It's like he's invisible, like he's just a shadow in the background.

But Henry keeps this all to himself. He doesn't want to burden his friends with his own struggles. He doesn't want to bring the mood down, so he keeps it all bottled up inside. He puts on a smile, he laughs along, but inside, he's hurting. He's struggling to find his own voice, his own place in the group.

Henry knows he should tell someone, open up about how he's feeling. But every time he tries, the words get stuck in his throat. He's afraid of being judged, of being seen as weak. So he keeps it all to himself, hoping that one day things will get better on their own.

But as time goes on, Henry feels like his life is on repeat. The same jokes, the same laughs, the same feeling of emptiness inside. He's stuck in a cycle of pretending, of hiding his true self behind a mask of humor. He's tired of feeling like he's not enough, like he's just the funny guy and nothing more.

In the end, He just masks it all away. He puts on a brave face, he tells another joke, he laughs along with his friends. But deep down, he knows that something needs to change. He knows that he deserves to be seen, to be heard, to be valued for who he truly is.

"Oi Henry!" Liam called, he snapped out of his train of thoughts and focused back onto the call.

"Oh sorry? What?"

"Well doofus we were asking if 10 would be a good time." He heard Drew scoff playfully on the other end.

"Uh yeah that works." He said, the conversation shifted. He smiled for a second. Maybe telling them how he felt wouldn't be so bad.

But not now, he's not ready. Maybe once he's ready to. Today is just not it though.

Henry knows that he'll be okay though, one day.

Okay so I tried my best I hope you enjoyed it!! And Ik I said I'd get it posted next week but I couldn't help myself I was very bored today. And I don't have much to do until next week. Anyways have a lovely day and I hope you're all doing good!