CHAPTER 13 (THE CURSE)

.............................................................................................................

Ayana's eyes widened as she saw a woman wearing the Ruby pendant, sitting in front of a bonfire.

"Mom?" Ayana whispered.

The woman smiled warmly. "No, darling. I'm your mother's elder sister. It worked finally; our connection is established."

Ayana's curiosity grew. "Lost connection? How?"

"I'm from the Family Rawana." the woman explained. "You put on the pendant, didn't you? Mary told you not to, but it's crucial for our connection."

Ayana's eyes narrowed. "How can you save me?"

The woman's voice filled with determination. "I built the connection between you and your mother, Mary. Williams killed her for her powers, but the curse remains. You're in danger."

"Why did my mother marry him?" Ayana asked.

The woman's expression turned somber. "She thought she could break the curse with love, but it was foolish. Williams married her for power and wealth, not love."

Ayana's resolve hardened. "What curse?"

"A magical being and non-magical being can't be together," the woman said. "Their union slowly takes away magical powers. Williams killed Mary when he discovered hers were gone, but her powers transferred to you. You're a half-blood, more powerful than us."

The women glanced at ayana's worried face. As her gaze softened. "Don't worry, darling. I won't hurt you. I'll teach you magic to defend yourself, but you must find the Sinister Forest and come to me physically."

Ayana's determination grew. "I will."

The woman smiled. "Remember, never remove the pendant. We need to take Williams down. He won't kill you; he wants to capture and use you."

With that, the woman poured water on the bonfire, and Ayana felt herself back on the cave floor.

.............................................................................................................
TO BE CONTINUED ;)