1

13/04/2023
It was a sunny afternoon, my friends and I were just walking around. We stopped when we saw an ice cream truck.I mean, who wouldn't like some ice cream on a sunny day? We noticed a group of boys gathered at the left corner of the truck enjoying their ice creams and talking. And my eyes were fixed on a particular guy. I noticed the cream smeared on the tip of his nose. But he didn't seem to notice it, neither did his friends. His smile was the second thing that caught my attention. It was beautiful. He was beautiful.
Suddenly,he turned his head and looked to our side and that made me look down. A smile danced on my lips unknowingly. Is this what they call 'crush at first sight'?
I was interrupted by my friend Sanjana, she handed out my butterscotch ice cream to me and that's when I noticed that the pretty guy and the gang is not there anymore. I felt a wave of sadness in me;
'I wish I could see him again'

Oh I forgot to introduce myself-
Myself Lily Summers , the narrator and the main character of this story. I like to read and I seldom go to the library to borrow some books, and as usual, today I went to the public library to borrow some books. Yes, I don't sit and read there, I like to read it while I'm munching something and my room is the best option for that. I was welcomed by the smell of old books as I opened the entrance. For some reason, I liked that smell. The library was huge and the mahogany shelves with the light shade of cherry wood paint on the walls gave it a royal look. There were little drawings on the shelf with sand peach color, and it was adorable. I walked between the shelves and something caught my eyes. No, not a book, but a person. The pretty boy from two days ago! I felt myself smiling again. I cupped my cheeks and slightly slapped them to calm myself down. I quickly pulled a book from the nearest shelf and went to his table. God knows what book I took. "Is this seat taken?" I asked in a low voice, and he replied with a no even without looking up. As I took my seat, I checked the front cover of the book he was reading and assumed him to be a medical student.
We sat there in silence and his attention was on his book, but my attention was on his pretty face. He wore a black framed spectacle, and it looked adorable on him. His lips made a small pout as he was focusing on the book. Maybe he felt my staring at him, all of a sudden he raised his head and asked "is there something on my face?" and as I was about to say 'no' I heard him giggling "you read your book upside down?" that's when I realized that my book was upside down, I quickly turned it and hid my face inside the pages of the book.
I was debating if I should just stand up and leave or sit there. I ruined the first impression, that's what I thought. After a few minutes, I noticed him closing the book. He stood up and left the table after flashing a smile at me.
'awwww he smiled at mee'
As I said before, I don't read sitting here. So as my duty was done, I closed the book and that's when I had a proper look on its cover. 'Yuan fen' was written in big bold letters. Only if I knew the meaning of this word~

*Yuan fen - a relationship by fate or destiny; the binding force between two people