Chapter 3: Unseen Forces

Zack: The nightmares were getting worse. Each time I closed my eyes, the visions clawed at my subconscious, dragging me into their twisted reality. The masked figures, the blood, the screams—each detail was more vivid than the last. It was like living a horror movie on an endless loop.I woke up gasping for breath, my heart pounding in my chest. The room was dark, the only sound was the faint hum of traffic outside. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and tried to steady my breathing. I needed to figure out what these dreams meant, and fast.

As I got dressed, I couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was coming. I had to protect Dani, Gabby, and Ryan. They were my closest friends, and I couldn't let anything happen to them.

I met up with the gang at our usual spot in the park. Dani was already there, her long black hair blowing in the breeze. She smiled when she saw me, but I could see the worry in her eyes. Gabby and Ryan arrived shortly after, Gabby's sapphire blue eyes sparkling with excitement while Ryan was deep in thought, probably cooking up another one of his conspiracy theories.

"Hey guys," I greeted them, trying to sound upbeat despite the weight on my shoulders."Hey Zack," Dani said, giving me a quick hug. "How are you feeling?""Same old," I replied, forcing a smile. "But we need to talk. My dreams are getting more intense. I think something bad is going to happen."

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "You mean worse than what we've already seen?"

I nodded. "Yeah. And I think it's connected to the protest and the counter-protesters. We need to stay vigilant."

Gabby shivered. "This is so creepy. I still can't believe those masked freaks showed up. What do they want with us?"

"I don't know," I admitted. "But I have a bad feeling they're not done with us yet."

We spent the next few hours going over everything that had happened since the protest. As we talked, I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being watched. Every rustle of leaves and every snap of a twig made my heart race. I kept glancing over my shoulder, but there was no one there. At least, no one I could see.

Later, when we all decided to head back, I pulled Dani aside. "Can we talk for a sec?"

"Sure," she said, looking at me with concern. "What's up?"

"It's just... these dreams," I began, struggling to find the right words. "They're getting worse. More real. And I can't help but feel like we're all in danger."

Dani reached out and took my hand, her touch sending a wave of calm through me. "We'll figure this out, Zack. You're not alone."

Her words were comforting, but I knew I needed to do more. That night, I decided to test my psychometric touch on some of the objects we had from the protest. I started with my own sign, focusing on the feel of the cardboard under my fingers.

As I concentrated, images flooded my mind—flashes of the protest, the angry faces of the counter-protesters, and then something new. In a dark alley, masked figures huddled together, their voices low and menacing. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but the intent was clear. They were planning something.

I pulled back, gasping for breath. The visions left me feeling drained, but I knew I had to keep going. I grabbed Dani's sign next, bracing myself for whatever I might see.

This time, the images were even more intense. I saw Dani, her face twisted in fear, running through the dark streets. The masked figures were chasing her, their laughter echoing in the night. I wanted to reach out, to protect her, but the vision faded before I could do anything.I sat back, shaking. These weren't just random images. They were warnings. I had to tell Dani, Gabby, and Ryan.