(20)

It was yet another rainy rainy day in Jump City. The Titans got a mission very early in the morning. This time Robin decided that he needs the whole team with him during the battle so he didn't advise any of them to stay at the Tower. He only called Myth quickly to tell her she's on her own and asked her to be careful and keep her guard up because he doesn't want anything to happen to her. He promised that they'll try to be back as quickly as possible and demanded a call, if the Tower is under attack or if she's in danger. He assured her that somebody will come to save her in any case. Michelle agreed to everything not to take him too much time and asked him to stay safe. He said he will, but she knew for a fact that he cannot promise anything. They confessed their love to each other quickly and then the call ended. Blue decided to get out of bed and prepare for the day since she knew she probably won't be able to fall asleep anymore and for sure not in such a situation. She would be way too anxious about whatever happens to her home while she's asleep which was the biggest motive to stay up.

She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and fulfill her physiological needs. She took a refreshing shower and dressed up in new clothes which her dad would usually leave on display just in case she needed them. The clearer her mind became, the more she was beginning to notice the little things her father is doing for her without being asked for it or without having to. Reminding her to brush her teeth every night, taking her pijama and uniform out and placing them on the bed, buying her snacks when he's in charge of the groceries, cleaning up after her when she was gone, making sure someone stays with her to keep her safe and doing his best not to burden her with any of his problems. It was always fascinating about this man. She wished she could be like him for her team and she had hope that they would notice the effort she put into their life just like she noticed her father's. After she finished taking care of herself, she returned to her dad's room to clean it up. It was something she wanted to do for him for a while, but she didn't have the chance.

Myth first approached the big windows, tilted them all so that the air was fresh, and made the bed while making sure the bedsheets are perfectly flat just the way Robin prefers. She started looking for a broom. She went to the kitchen and the bathroom, but it wasn't there. Then she remembered that the leader was using it last time so it's probably in one of his rooms. It wasn't in his main one so she headed to his working room. It was the same place where he hid her guns. Myth went over there as soon as she realized that might be a decent clue. She unlocked the door without issues, surprised that Robin didn't change the code after the last time she went there without his permission. This time he also didn't allow her to be here, but she couldn't really ask in that situation. If she called, he simply wouldn't pick up because he's busy. She began looking around to find the broom, but it seemed like it wasn't here either. She walked up to the desk which was in the center of that room. She noticed the same box with her guns under it that she opened that day. This time she had no reason to do this and felt calmer about the idea of his father keeping them with him. She realized that he had made a great choice.

The only thing that worried her was if she should grab them in case an uninvited guest visits the Tower. She decided that it may not be the best idea because it's been half a year since she's last fought anyone and there was a high likelyhood that she would lose this fight. As she stopped paying attention to the box, she looked up. There was an old poster right above the desk.

"The Flying Graysons" - she read in mind.

When she was little, she tried asking him about this poster. His face would always turn sadder and he would only say that he used to work at a circus when younger. That was all he was willing to share. And when she asked about the people next to him, he would promise that maybe one day he will tell her. Now that she's a grown up, she realized that Robin simply wasn't ready to tell her the full story of his origin. She felt incredibly sorry for her dad because it meant that he's been bearing that painful burden all by himself for such a long time.