TWO. I will show you you're so much better than you know

Chapter 2
I will show you you're so much better than you know.

Chapter 2I will show you you're so much better than you know

[2006]

Quinn was making her way towards the tennis court. Tashi was already there, practicing, and had asked her best friend to come keep her company. How could Quinn possibly say no to Tashi?

The day was cold, so Quinn wore her favorite oversized hoodie and kept her hands in her pockets, seeking refuge from the chill. Over her ears were her large white headphones. Music was another thing Quinn loved; it made her feel calm and peaceful. It was like being in her own little world.

"Hey! Hey! Quinn!" Hearing a familiar voice cut through her music, Quinn took off her headphones and turned her head. What she saw were those piercing blue eyes. It was Patrick.

"Are you always this disconnected from the world?" he teased, walking up to her.
Quinn couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry, Patrick. I didn't hear you," she replied, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"So, where are you headed?" Patrick asked, tilting his head slightly to get a better view of the girl walking beside him.
"To see Tashi. She's been working hard for the upcoming tournament, she wants me to keep her company. Are you coming too?" Quinn replied.
Patrick nodded with a smile. "Sure, why not?" he said, adjusting his pace to match hers.

"You know, you should start hanging out with us," Patrick said after a brief moment of silence.
Quinn looked at him, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?"
Patrick met her gaze with a mischievous grin. "Art and I think you're interesting," he began. "You should join us and Tashi. It would be fun. And besides, you love tennis too, right?" he added with a chuckle.

***

And so, Quinn joined their group. It was true; the main topic of conversation was always tennis. Tennis this, tennis that. But Quinn didn't mind...that much.

[2019]

Quinn sat on a bench in front of the hotel where she was staying, her eyes focused intently on the journal in her lap. The late afternoon sun cast a warm glow on the pages as she wrote, trying to capture her thoughts. She was working on her latest article for the magazine she wrote for. She really liked her job, being able to write about the things she loved the most, but it was also hard sometimes. The right words didn't always come easy, and it made the process frustrating at times.

To help her concentrate, Quinn wore her favorite headphones, with music filling her mind. The melodies created a bubble of calm around her, blocking out the noise of the hotel grounds. It was a routine she had developed over the years, a way to dive deep into her writing.

Suddenly, she felt someone sit down next to her, but she didn't pay much attention to it. Her eyes remained fixed on her journal. However, she couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.
The bench creaked slightly as the person settled in.

After a few moments, curiosity got the better of her. Quinn lifted her head slightly, peeking from the corner of her eye.

Her eyes widened as soon as she realized who it was. "Patrick?" Quinn said, almost in a whisper, her voice tinged with disbelief.

Her mouth remained half-open, as if she wanted to say something else but couldn't find the right words. She felt a rush of emotions, a mix of surprise and confusion.
"Hey," he replied softly, a small smile on his lips.

Quinn stayed silent, staring at the boy in front of her. They hadn't seen each other in six years, and now he was sitting right there, next to her. She took a moment to take him in; his once wild curls were now shorter, and he had grown a bit of a beard. He was wearing a black t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and white sneakers. His clothes were slightly rumpled, and there were dark circles under his eyes. He didn't look to be in the best condition, as if life had been tough on him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice still shaky with shock.
Patrick sighed, breaking eye contact for a moment. He looked around, as if gathering his thoughts, before focusing back on her. "I have to talk to you. I need your help."

"What happened?"

***

[author's note]

SECOND CHAPTER!! the 2019 parts are starting, i'm so excited to write them!
sorry if this chapter is really short, i just lost motivation and didn't know what to add anymore, hope you like it anyway ღ

dts. RAFESP0EM  kerosenekill teariot girlheadrot