[09] - [Garuda]

[P.C. 086]

Battle after battle, Gale fought multiple A.I. controlled Dreadnoughts ranging from the difficulty level five to eight. It didn't only stop there, Gale would fight others and their Dreadnoughts.

Each fight ends the same, with Gale coming out as the winner. Then among those he would fight, there was Noir. While having no interest in a fight with Gale at first, Noir would eventually give in to the request. Both because of Gale and the encouragement by Carla.

With Gale as an excellent pilot, it was out of curiosity to see which of the two would come out on top should they fight.

Meanwhile, Nerissa had been tending to several rose bushes in the gardens of the University when she was approached by Victor. While she did see him, she continued on with her work, "You know they have people here to do that, right? There's no sense in getting those hands of yours dirty." Nerissa said nothing as she continued her work.

"Gale is fighting again today?" Victor asked.

"He always is." Nerissa finally said, "What do you want?"

"Do I always have to want something?" Victor laughed, "Just coming to make friendly conversation, that's all." Nerissa was again silent, unconvinced of Victor's claims, "Do you know who Gale is fighting today? Noir."

Hearing Noir's name, Nerissa stopped.

"Likely means the fight will be over quickly. Assuming Noir doesn't feel like playing around a bit more."

Feeling her notebook vibrate, Nerissa took it out of her pocket to find it was a message. Looking it over, Nerissa's eyes widened as she felt a sudden weight on her. Dropping everything and leaving it all behind, she ran past Victor, "Noir must've won." Victor said to himself.

Indeed, Noir had won the fight. Not only did she win, but she beat Gale to the point of being sent to the medical facility once the fight was done. He would remain there under constant supervision for the next week while what remained of the Polaris had to be rebuilt. The fight between Gale and Noir was only monitored by higher-ups as it wasn't a public viewing. The only thing people could go on was Gale in the hospital, and the Polaris, whose armor had been cut through, ripped apart and pulled out in various different places.

It was the work of Noir and her Dreadnought Garuda.

[Present Day]

Presented before Erin were both Azuma and Noir, standing on either side of her, "It has been made official, Noir Illustrious and Azuma Lynx will go against each other in a private match, armed with nothing but their Dreadnoughts, Garuda and Raven." Erin declared.

Among the others in the room were Carla, Victor, Lulu, Renato, and Alisa, as well as others who worked alongside Erin and Carla.

"It should go without saying that what happens in this room and on the field will stay between everyone in this room. As this is a private match, it's to not be spoken about with people beyond this room aside from president Ricardo."

"Are there any objections either of you have?"

"None." Noir said.

Azuma didn't look too confident in it all, but despite it, he shook his head, "I have none here either."

Carla slapped her hands together, "In that case, this fight is official! Both Dreadnoughts will be prepped and moved to a new hangar, as it's private, this match will be in the fifth sector."

"Fifth sector." Victor thought, "Considering it's two augmented humans with Psion type Dreadnoughts, it makes sense to put them there."

"As for the rules, there will be no set timer. The match will continue even if one surrenders. The only way to finish the duel is if a Dreadnought is unable to continue anymore. Be that by losing all limbs or being destroyed. However, ensure no harm comes to the opponent's body otherwise it's an instant loss."