VI

greyson

"so... she... she... cheated on me?" faizan's eyes teared up and jacklen shown him a photo of the one and only millie shane and some random guy kissing up in a random hallway on her phone.

"oh god... sorry man," i awkwardly patted his shoulder as i didn't know what to do. how to comfort people.

"this.. is what you were trying to tell me? god, im so sorry jacklen i had no idea it was this serious..."

"no. don't worry about that faizan. is there anything we can do?" jacklens dark eyes looked up and met mine, worry filled her expression.

"no, i uhm.. need to find millie and end things. i'll probably just want to be alone after that, you know?"

"yeah no that's fine, but you know you can call us right? if you need anything?" i squeezed his left shoulder.

"yeah i know, thank you guys im uh.. gonna go talk to her. do you know where she is,"

"she's in a economic lecture but you can text her to meet you or something," jacklen kept staring into my soul.

"yeah thank you, bye guys,"

"bye.." jacklen and i said in unison as we both continued to stare at each other with empathy written all over our faces.

                                            *

i bit my nails as i sat in my mathematics lecture that faizan didn't attend. i noticed this because he always sat in the front like the massive geek he was. i hated him. well no, i believed i hated him because of his bitch girlfriend millie but now i just felt sorry for him. he was such a pushover and put other people before himself that she had recognised that and took advantage of it. but i guess now that was over, since she was cheating on him. i shivered as i thought about faizan shouting at her, screaming 'how could you do this' whilst she tried to convince him that it never happened and it was all fae.

"mr samson, could you give us the formula for this?"

"s-sorry what?"

"give us the formula to solve the problem on the board, mr samson,"

i thought about it for awhile, sweat dripping down my lower back as i stared hard at the board.

"im sorry, professor i don't know the answer,"

"have you been paying attention, mr samson?"

"yes s-sir i just don't know the answer,"

"well if you were paying attention, you would have known the answer. okay let's see here... miss arabella ravenwood, can you tell me the answer?"

"......................."
(she says the right answer)

"very good! at least we can see some students are paying attention," the professor gave me a look.

i guess he was right, about not paying attention, because i didn't even know this man's name and i had been attending his lectures for over a week. but what i worried about more was arabella ravenwood, best friend of millie shane but secretly known to not like her at all. i didn't know why she stayed friends with her although millie treated her like gum on the bottom of her shoe, but she seemed to be content, happy, unless of course that was all a front. arabella acted like her normal self when millie wasn't around but turned into her minion when she was there but i felt that there was so much more to her than just being titled 'the best friend of popular hottie millie shane,". it was kind of like when i underestimated faizan, i thought i would hate him and that we wouldn't get along but he actually was a super nice guy who was just very much in love. it was now 11:15 and i had heard enough of my professors horrifyingly monotone voice so i chose to get up and leave, practically making no sound as i silently walked out the lecture with people staring at me, wondering if i was ever going to come back. the answer to that was no. but i quickly came to a halt once i heard talking from a voice so recognisable, millie shane.

"yeah faizan found out, he was not happy. he came to me in tears it was so embarrassing! so many people saw and i was thinking the entire time, 'how is he not embarrassed right now'," she giggled.

"oh my god what a loser. so are you guys broken up?"

"yeah. he said he never wanted to speak to me again and that we were over so i shouldn't text him or call him. but he is the biggest baby i have ever met so i bet you £15 that we will be back dating next month,"

"why would you want him back? what's in it for you and how will you even make that happen, it seems as though he made it pretty clear he doesn't want to see you ever again,"

hiding behind a very tall plant, i continued to eavesdrop.

"well, obviously i don't love him and i never have but dating him was like having a little toy to play with all the time. im surprised he didn't leave sooner because i stood him up god knows how many times, made up several excuses not to see him and i only talked to him when i wanted something like sex,"

god she was a lot worse than i thought.

"stop it really sounds like you could walk all over him that is so funny!"

they both giggled away until i could no longer hear them, they had walked away into the bathroom, probably to vape or something. my jaw was still open wide from what i had heard, standing him up, making excuses and only talking to him properly when she was horny? now my feelings of empathy toward faizan completely drowned me, poor guy was in love with her so much he didn't even realise her being such a shitty girlfriend. since he hadn't come to his mathematics lecture i guessed he was somewhere around here or in his dorm and i was going to find him.