~ Chapter 1 : Origins : The Sweetener ~

It was just like any other normal day. It was November, a basic Thursday. It was just a few days after an incident involving a demon rummaging through town, and luckily being exorcised after. Now, who did exorcise this demon?

Father Gregor was a priest at a local church that had just opened up. He can be stern, but he was a well meaning old man. Gregor was also the one to exorcise the demon from a few days prior. Father Gregor turned out alright afterwards, luckily, he just had a slight limp for now due to a strong bite injury in one of his legs.

Father Gregor was inside the church on that exact Thursday. Nobody else was there yet, and he was waiting for them, patiently. While the priest was waiting, he was cleaning up the place up a bit. Father Gregor smiled as he looked around, before he suddenly spotted something laying on one of the pews.

It looked like a small box. The box was octagonal shaped. It was colored black with a lot of side drawers. The knobs were golden, and the top of the box had a big, red symbol. Father Gregor was confused on why this box was there. He didn't know what it was or how it even got there, but he figured it belonged to someone who accidentally left it there.

"I'll ask if this belongs to anyone that comes back to the church," he told himself. "If not, I'll go out and find the rightful owner."

Father Gregor gently picked up the box, and then brought it over to where he originally stood. He didn't want to open it, he didn't want to be nosy or anything. Although, he couldn't help but be a bit confused as he heard a small, feminine voice coming from the box.

"Hey! Is anybody out there?!"

Gregor looked down at the box, confusion clouding his mind. He then looked around to check if anybody had came in without him seeing them.

"Hello?" He called out, although, there wasn't an answer from inside the church. It was completely silent in there, before that small voice came again, from inside the small box Father Gregor was holding.

"In here, sir!" Father Gregor stared at the box again, his eyes narrowing as he thought. What in the world was inside this box? "Is anybody else with you?" The voice called out again. "Why do you need to know? Who are you?" The priest asked in a whisper, cautiously. "This is important, sir! Anybody else knowing about us may be dangerous!" The small voice replied once more. "My name's Tikki! I'm a kwami!" "Excuse me?" Father Gregor asked. He had no idea what a 'kwami' was, and he was still cautious about opening the box.

"Please, sir! We need your help, someone stole one of our brothers!" The priest raised an eyebrow. "'Stole?'" He asked, before he waved one of his hands. "Wait, wait, wait, please. Is there an owner of this box? If there is, I want to return this to the rightful owner."

"Well, not anymore. We can be yours now!" The voice, 'Tikki', informed Gregor. "Just, please, help us, you seem trustworthy!"

Father Gregor still was cautious about this, although, he wanted to help Tikki and whoever else was inside the box. "Here, I'll open the box outside. I have to be back as soon as someone wants me, though." He said, wanting to take this as an extra precaution, just in case this was bad news. Plus, nobody seemed to be coming in today, yet, and he didn't have much to do today anyways. The man held on tightly to the box, keeping it close to him as he limply walked outside.

Once he was outside, away from everyone, he just slightly opened the top of the small box. "Hello?" He called out again, before he opened the box even more.

Inside the top were 6 pieces of jewelry, them inside their respective places. There were 7 places, though, which meant one of the pieces of jewelry was missing. The jewels all seemed to be themed around different insects and animals. Father blinked, just staring at the jewelry. Well, he was, until the spotted earrings started to glow a strong, pink glow. The glow started upwards, and then it formed what seemed to be a small, floating creature. Father Gregor stared at this all, completely baffled, yet intrigued. Once the glow dissipated, it revealed what looked like a ladybug. Well, it looked a bit bigger than a normal ladybug, and had one big black spot on its forehead. Its eyes were huge, and a beautiful blueberry blue color.