It's fine.. it's cool...

{BRADLEY'S POV}

Bradley hissed in a breath, grimacing. Luckily, the drink wasn't that hot and would only cause small burns, but it hurt like a bitch, and the urge to strangle Max was strong. Max's eyes went adorably wide, and he started to frantically apologize, even grabbing a few napkins. But before he could attempt to clean Bradley's shirt, he grabbed Max's wrist carefully so as not to hurt him or scare him off.

"No, no, it's alright!" Bradley forced a lopsided grin on his face, and Max relaxed slightly, huffing out a soft sigh of relief. Suddenly, Bradley felt his smile becoming slightly more genuine but not quite there. He needed to focus on this to make sure everything went smoothly.

"You know, I wager that if you were on a skateboard, you wouldn't have spilled a drop." Bradley hinted, and Max smiled, showing off his tooth gap. "You'd win that bet; it's my best event!" He made a soft chuckle. "Hi, I'm Max!" He said it cheerfully, as if Bradley wasn't aware of that information already.

He held out a hand to Bradley, who had to repress a grimace. He really didn't like being touched unless he initiated it, but since Max was wearing gloves, he could deal with this for a little longer.

Bradley slipped his hand into Max's, and the other boys smile got a little wider at the touch. Their hands lingered against each other for a bit longer than they needed to, and despite Bradley's aversion to touch, he didn't quite mind it; he was comfortable, almost too comfortable.

Max seemed to realize that the contact was too dragged out and pulled his hand away. His grin became a little more awkward. "My name is Bradley Uppercrust, the third." He stated it confidently, and Max nodded, tilting his head in a way that made Bradley want to shield him from everything.

Bradley fiddled with his collar for a moment, trying to feign more confidence and apathy; if he didn't go about this perfectly, Max could slip right through his fingers. He wanted to do this the nice way, but Tank glaring over his shoulder certainly wasn't helping Bradley seem welcoming, and Max kept sneaking nervous glances at him.

Bradley would need to have a talk with Tank later.

"You know it'd be nice if you'd join our team!" Bradley leaned closer to Max, placing a hand on his shoulder, who (most likely subconsciously) leaned into the touch. "Mhm." Max mumbled before thinking for a moment and startling. "Wait really?!" He exclaimed, and Bradley nodded with a smug grin. Oh, Max had no idea what he was getting himself into.

449 words.

Fucking shit.