Obscuredverse Inktale

note: this is like the whole "reaper, cross and ink are brothers" au that was really popular a few years ago.but instead of reaper it's unu-nunu's Pale! and the backstory is really REALLY different. i'm probably not making any sense XDD but i'm not really good at words. if you need clarification just ask!

in Obscuredverse!Inktale, it's a completed Au and even has a name unlike the original ___tale Ink comes from. in this au which takes place in the Obscuredverse (which most of my aus are placed in) the Au has 3 sanses; Ink the oldest brother and most colorful, Pen (aka Cross) a monochrome with only 2 colors and then Pale the youngest and with no colors. in Obscuredverse!Inktale how many colors you have determines how strong you are. the more colors you have the stronger you are - the top 3 are Asgore, Toriel and Ink but Ink pretends he has less colors than he actually does. he is the pride and joy of Ariel and Gaster because of all the colors he has.

in Obscuredverse!Inktale, because Pale had "no colors" he was deemed the weakest and was signed away to be executed - Gaster and Ariel held no love for him and barely had any love for Pen because of only having 2 colors (black and white like Gaster). but because of Ink's high standing due to being powerful and being Asgore's judge he was able to keep Pale from being executed and he and Pen had taken over as "parents" for Pale as their actual parents ignored and pretended Pale didn't exist - Pen and Ink did everything for and with Pale and the three brothers were very close. Pale even saw Ink as a father-like figure and Pen as a uncle.

however, their lives would change for the worst as years later X-Gaster would come to Inktale looking for someone who would become his artificial God of Destruction (he had previously tried to get Error to bow to his will but he had almost died so X-Gaster thought "why don't i just MAKE my own?") and he found Pen who had such a unique code that got X-Gaster practically frothing at the mouth so he ended up kidnapping Pen - where he would become Cross in X-Tale and would be experimented on and tortured for many years. in Inktale when a reset happened everyone but Pale and Ink forgot about Pen and it would drive Ink to near madness because "did he really never exist?!" but the reason why Ink never went insane is because his littlest brother Pale remembered Pen too. however, the grief would grow to be too much for Ink and he would tear his soul apart and Ink would also be broken off from the Au and no one would quite remember Ink - at least he wasn't completely forgotten but it was more of a deja-vu/"i think i remember someone else doing this"/"i could have sworn you had a brother Pale".

funny thing is, Ink's soul wouldn't be destroyed. one half would go into Pale for safe keeping but this would cause Pale to not have any emotions as he has a whole soul and a half now, half more than is healthy. he would become sick and sometimes puke inky sludge (reminiscent of Void Gaster) and he would experience periodic pains and he wouldn't know why. the other half would go to Cross/Pen and would help keep him together when at the end of Timeline 10 he starts to dust before he merged his soul with that of X-Chara.

like with canon!ink he would need vials to feel emotions and he has memory issues due to being soulless. even Pale would have some memory issues but instead of paint he would consume the cores of Aus (like in his canon backstory). Cross would have trauma induced amnesia so he doesn't remember his brothers. none of them know that Ink's soul resides in Cross and Pale. the only reason they are united is because when Ink meets Cross for the "first time" in the remains of X-Tale he has an odd feeling and goes to Error for help since they have a bit of a truce/understanding?? and Error reveals that their codes are linked in an odd way which makes the two gods go on a whole journey which they discover what happened to Cross and rediscover Ink's forgotten past; revealing he has a second brother somewhere which would lead Ink and Cross to go searching for him.

the reason Pale "has no colors" is because he can copy colors onto himself to become stronger, he could become a literal rainbow which makes him stronger than those in Inktale but he doesn't know he can do this - really, no one knows he can so he was labeled as "weak". technically his color would be "clear" like a glass bottle because it can be filled with colors.

in this au Ink and X-Chara become a couple - X-Chara is nicknamed Criss in this. the X-Event also happens in this multiverse.

this is Pale up until he is reunited with Ink and Cross. the time period of which before that he meets Template, Error's little brother.

this is Pale after being reunited with his brothers and would eventually give back Ink's half soul which would give him his emotions again but it had permanent damage as he still pukes the black sludge and experiences pain if his emotions get too ...

this is Pale after being reunited with his brothers and would eventually give back Ink's half soul which would give him his emotions again but it had permanent damage as he still pukes the black sludge and experiences pain if his emotions get too high and he has periods of melancholy and apathy. around this time he also begins to date Template much to Error's chagrin and the excitement of Ink.