Chapter Eighteen

"Jade? Jade!"

Cole was sent to find Jade, since Nya said she was up and about and had been for at least twenty minutes. Yet, no one has seen her, and the fact someone screamed before may have had something to do with it. Thusly leading him towards the bunk-rooms. Cole walked past the open bathroom door, and from his peripheral vision he saw a large blue mass of something and dismissed it. Lloyd probably left the towels on the floor after his shower again. But then he backtracked to get a better look, because it looked like the towels had legs.

Now he was kneeling on the floor, cradling Jade's head in his lap as he leaned over her, "Jade Whatever-Your-Middle-Name-Is Vess, wake up." Please don't be dead! It'll be my fault if your dead, dammit.

The unconscious girl in his lap shuddered and gasped, jerking upright so fast her forehead almost hit Cole's, "What happened?"

"Jade, look at me," she half turned to look at him and Cole recoiled when he was met with a set, a set of dark brown eyes. Not one brown and one red, "J-Jade, are you okay?"

"Never better now that I've smacked my head on the corner of the sink and the wooden floor and knocked some sense into myself," she beamed, happily flashing a full out grin before jumping up and helping Cole to his feet too, "Nya said there was food?"

"Yeah... Jay made lunch," What happened to her? "Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

"Just peachy, Brookstone, calm your nuts." Why is everyone concerned with my well being?

He allowed the girl to drag him down the hallway, where they almost collided with Kai, "Whoa, sorry guys."

"Heeyyyy Kai," Jade was smiling too much since she woke up.

Kai furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Cole. Why is she acting like that?"

Cole shook his head ferociously, trying to communicate back, Don't say anything, Smith!

Kai nodded very unnoticably, "Well, I've been told to meet Lloyd on the deck, so I'll see you guys later."

Jade stiffened at the mention of Lloyd, "Wait, Lloyd is here? Where?"

Does she not remember anything from yesterday? "Jade, Kai just said he's on the deck."

"I'll meet you guys up there, I need some food first," she started towards the kitchen, "Go. I'll be right there."

The two boys turned away, towards the stairs leading to the deck, while Jade continued onward towards the smell of steak. When she stepped into the kitchen, Jade twirled just for the sake of having her dress fan out, and she twirled directly into someone. She staggered back into the hall and smoothed out her dress, looking at him and his mop of grey hair, "Sorry, dad."

Both of them froze, staring dumbstruck at each other until Garmadon decided to find his voice, "You - You called me... dad."

"I did..." her eyes darted back and forth, looking at anything but him, "I did!"

Garmadon took a hesitant step forward, "Lizz?"

It only took that one syllable four letter word to make her jump on the Sensei and give him the hardest hug she'd ever given. There was a moment of hesitation, a split second, from Garmadon before he wrapped his arms around her and returned the hug. They stood in the embrace for a minute before being silently joined by another set of arms.

"Mom?" the youngest of the three choked, her voice cracking with the one whisper. The six years of lost memories, memories that had been suppressed by the Serpentine block, broken bits and pieces of memories, came flooding back like water from a broken dam.