Chapter Five

Jade hoisted herself up above ground level for the second time tonight, peeking around to make sure that he coast was clear from those crazy street-robots that seemed so intent on be-riding of the rod that was currently strapped on her back.

"Coast clear," she muttered to herself, pulling the rest of her above ground, standing and placing the cover back over the hole in which she came from, just enough for her be able to easily slide it back off to go back in. Afterwards, she stood upright, brushing her hands on her jeans as she let her eyes adjust to the darkness surrounding her, "Not even a dang lamppost."

As she tip-toed down the sidewalk, she stayed close to the buildings, being sure to poke her head around corners and see if the coast was clear. Her eyes never even caught any type of movement, not even a mouse.

"Or a bug," she whispered as quietly as possible, "It's too quiet here."

There's was a steady marching sound from behind her, and she jumped into the nearest building; which happened to be a Dojo or Monastery of some sort. Through one of the large windows, she watched as an army of robots marched by in scary, perfect unison.

Left. Right. Left. Right. Left. Right. She watched their mesmerizing feet go by, and her eyes trailed up to their bodies and faces. One simple red eye, and the other was covered by a silver cover that ran over their head. Over their Ninja hood and down their back to join the rest of their electronical gadgets and innards. They were an army of Robot-Ninja. Nindroids.

Jade shuddered, "I need to get out of here," But her feet kept her rooted to the spot as one came from an alleyway with, "Pythor," she snarled lowly, glaring at the used-to-be-purple-and-black only living member of the Anacondrai. He was now white and purple from having been inside the Great Devourer for sometime. He was conversing with a singlular Nindroid.

"We need to find the Ninja, General," Pythor hissed angrily, voice raspier than before, "We cannot let them escape."

"The troops," the electronic voice of the General was freaky and sent a cold shudder down Jade's spinal cord, "Are beginning to lose faith in whether or not the OverLord is actually alive or you have just been lying to us."

Pythor got all up the the robot's face now, "He will show himself when necessary and may I remind you, General, you can always be reprogrammed. Now get back to finding those cursed Ninja!"

General nodded and went back to his troops, dispersing them all around the city and everywhere. Two of them were headed straight for Jade's hiding place, sending her into a panic. Quickly, she jumped up and hid by the weapons cabinet in the corner, reaching for the Shurikens before anything else. As the two burst through the door, immediately they spotted her, heading straight for her. In one fluid movement she threw the Shurikens at the one furthest back, pinning him to the wall as he struggled to get his target.

With the one temporarily confined at the moment, she blindly grabbed the silver Scythe from it's holder and swung wildly at the advancing robot. Though, she saw as she swung, her hands must have grabbed the wrong weapon from her original target, grabbing her golden rod instead. As the end neared the Droid, time seemed to have slowed itself; Jade could see every small movement happening everywhere.

It's going to break, she thought in a flash of horror, It's going to break and I am going to die.

But it didn't break. Before she hit the thing a blade appeared out from the end, dark blue see through-like tinted glass ablaze with dark blue electrical current. The moment it touched the Droid, the currents transferred from the blade to the robot, making it freeze and seize up, eventually collapsing on the floor in front of her.