Chapter 3

I woke up early, the unfamiliar light streaming through the curtains pulling me out of a restless sleep. Adjusting to the time difference was harder than I thought. Everything felt off-kilter, like I was out of sync with the world around me.
I got dressed and made my way downstairs, where Daichi was already waiting. He greeted me with a warm smile. “Morning, Yumi. I thought I’d show you around the house today. Get you more familiar with your new home.”
Thanks, Daichi. That sounds good,” I replied, trying to shake off the lingering grogginess.

We started the tour in the main living area, and I couldn’t help but marvel at the sheer size and elegance of it all. The high ceilings, the tasteful decor, the plush furniture—it was like walking through a dream.
This is the living room,” Daichi explained, his tone casual. “We spend a lot of time here in the evenings, just unwinding.”

I nodded, taking it all in. It was a far cry from my old apartment, where every inch of space was crammed with necessities. Here, everything felt spacious and deliberately placed.
Next, we moved to the kitchen. “We’ve got everything you need here,” Daichi said, opening cabinets and pointing out various appliances. “If there’s anything specific you like or need, just let me know.”

“Wow, this is amazing,” I said, genuinely impressed. “I might actually enjoy cooking in here.”

I nodded, taking it all in. It was a far cry from my old apartment, where every inch of space was crammed with necessities. Here, everything felt spacious and deliberately place

We continued through the dining room, the study, and finally upstairs to the more private areas. Each room was more luxurious than the last, and I felt a mix of awe and discomfort. It was beautiful, yes, but it didn’t feel like mine yet. I wondered how long it would take before this place started to feel like home.
This is the home gym,” Daichi said, opening a door to reveal an impressive array of equipment. “Feel free to use it whenever you want. We all try to stay in shape.”

“Thanks, Daichi. I appreciate it,” I said, making a mental note to check it out later.
Finally, we ended up back in my room. “If you need anything, just ask,” Daichi said. “We want you to feel comfortable here.”

“I will. Thanks for the tour, Daichi,” I replied, feeling a bit more grounded.
As Daichi left, I looked around my room again, trying to absorb everything. The luxury was overwhelming, and a part of me still felt out of place. But I reminded myself that this was my new reality, and I had to find a way to fit in. It was a lot to take in, but I was determined to make the best of it.
After the tour with Daichi, I found Ryo in the kitchen making coffee. He looked up and smiled when he saw me. "Morning, Yumi. Want to check out my photography studio? I thought it might be a good way for us to get to know each other better."

"Sure, I'd love that," I replied, curious to see more of his world.
We walked together down a hallway I hadn’t explored yet. Ryo opened a door and led me into a bright, airy room filled with cameras, lights, and photos pinned up everywhere. It was a creative mess, the kind of space that felt alive and personal.

"This is where the magic happens," Ryo said with a grin, gesturing around the room. "Photography's my passion. It’s how I see the world."
I walked around, looking at the photos. They were stunning, capturing everything from vibrant cityscapes to intimate portraits. "These are amazing, Ryo. You have a real talent."

"Thanks," he said, looking genuinely pleased. "It's a great way to express myself. Helps me make sense of things."
We spent the next hour with him showing me some of his favorite shots and explaining the stories behind them. I found myself getting drawn into his enthusiasm. He had a way of making everything sound fascinating, from the technical aspects of photography to the emotional moments he captured
So, what about you, Yumi? What are you passionate about?" Ryo asked, leaning back against a table.