𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒔

Inspired by - O Henry's 'The Cactus' with a twist.(Issiliye kripyaa pura padhe)

Real Inspiration - Instagram(haaa bhai author reels ki duniya mein kho chuki hai)

I don't know if it's upto the mark or not maybe agar kahi galti ho toh pleasee ignore. Kya hain naa Author ko content ki kami ho gayi hai, dimaag mein bass cockroach aur frog hi ghum rha hai.
(Jinko yeh nahi samjha puchke kripya dukh yaad na dilaaye hame.)

Chalo bahut bakloli hogyi aage badhte hain aur chaliyee shuru karte hai.

———————————————————

                       'The Cactus'

Abhyudaya was a social worker when he met the one who brought colors to his dark world, Gautami, but time cannot be always in your favor, something like this happened with him too.

Gautami joined Abhyudaya's NGO for few months just to serve the needy but Abhyudaya developed strong feelings for her with time.

"Yaar Abhii yeh flowers kitne pyaare lg rhe hai na?"

"Kaun yeh? Haa yeh dandelions toh hote hi acche hai Gautami."

"Pata hai maine hamesha socha hai ki aage jaakar mujhe jisse bhi mohabbat hogi na toh woh mujhe dandelions se propose kree. I know ajeeb lgega but kyaa kree abb yahi chaahat hai toh-"

As she walked further in the garden during the dusk time, Abhyudaya followed her, ran infront of her and passes her the dandelions he had picked just for 'her'.

She accepted it with a big smile on her face while he was all red because of blushing.

They reached a sitting spot and the sunset view was a treat to watch when Gautami spoke,

"So, mujhe Mithilesh ne btaya tumhe Spanish bhi aati hai. Actually mujhe bhi aati hai."

"Kyaa? I mean ohh haa mujhe Spanish bhi aati hai."

"Wahh yaar you are so talented."

He smiled but even he don't know how many times he had cursed his friend Mithilesh for this lie, really Spanish? He don't even know the 'S' of Spanish.

Days turned into weeks, weeks into months and his love just got deeper.

On one dinner night with all the NGO colleagues he offered to drop her home. That's when he thought it's the right time, well it's what 'he thought',

"Gautami I really really love you. My love for you gets deeper and deeper with each passing second I spend with you. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. See I don't know how to express my love for you in paragraphs but I know you will understand it, right?"

"Abhyudaya, you are such a great person inside out but honestly give me a little time please. I just want to think about it."

Her family was controlling and after that incident he never heard from her. He tried calling her but she never picked his calls. Soon he got to know that her marriage has been fixed. He was broken, broken by the fact that he lost his love and a friend.

On the day of her engagement she sends him a 'Cactus', such a strange gift no? She didn't came by herself, she sends him this gift through her friend, who don't know anything about her and Abhyudaya so she just gave it to him and told him it's from Gautami.

He always took care of that Cactus thinking it as the last gift to him from her. He used to stare at the Cactus recalling their sweet memories.

On her wedding day he invited his friend, Mithilesh to distract himself. As Mithilesh came and sat on the sofa while Abhyudaya went to prepare tea he noticed a cactus plant on the table beside the sofa.

"Aee Abhyudaya you have a cactus plant in your house nice but strange-."

"Why it's strange?"
Abhyudaya asked bringing two cups tea, adjusting himself infront of Mithilesh and sipping his tea.

"It's like the Cactus is calling you and what's written on this in Spanish is quite strange like it's a message for you."

"Spanish? I thought that's the name of the plant."

"No it's 'Ven y tómame' it means 'Come and take me' as if someone is calling you."

The winds blew as Abhyudaya realised everything, she gave him her answer, she was being pressurized by her family and couldn't directly gave him a answer so she wrote it in Spanish. He had only told her that he knows this language. She is calling him, he have to go, he have to—

"I have to go."

Saying this Abhyudaya ran towards his car, driving it to her house. He ran to stop the wedding, he went towards the venue to find her exchanging the garlands.

"Wait Gautami, please stop this wedding. I came to take you with me."

He ran to Gautami and held her hands in his while crying, but her father removed his hands from hers,

"Gautami I am sorry maine jooth bola tha ki mujhe Spanish aati hai I didn't know ki yeh baat tum seriously logi mujhe lga Mithilesh ne mazaak kiya hai toh tum bhi kr rhi but I can't lose you Gautami pleasee."

"It's too late now Abhyudaya."
Gautami said controlling her tears and her mother took her to continue the ceremony,

Abhyudaya didn't gave up, he loves her and would gave up on everything just for her so he ran to her father and sat down touching his feet.

"Mai aapke paaon padta hu aapke aage haath jodta hu please, I can't live without my Gautami pleasee."

Her father didn't even showed a single emotion, he just went to her daughter and told her.

"Go with this guy what's his name Abh- whatever just go Gautami. I know I am strict but my daughter's happiness always come first for me. He really loves you, you can see this in his eyes. Go and don't think about anyone I will handle everything."

She runs to hug Abhyudaya and started crying loudly in his embrace. She got her love, he got his life. And that's how their story e̶n̶d̶s̶  starts.

'If it's meant to be it will definitely be' they learned this. But most importantly they learned that how important is that to express your feelings to the one you love.