our secret ♡

~Spring Break~

<current day>

Jisung had been so worried about the final semester. With Jaemin not being his tutor, he was afraid his grades would drop and his dad would be unhappy again, which would cause a domino effect. Because when Jisung worried, so did his brother. And he didn't want his brother worrying about him while enlisted. However Chen's supportive words calmed him. He assured him that his grades improved not only because of Jaemin's tutoring, but because he finally applied himself and understood the subjects.

"Heyyy buddy. I missed ya!" Haechan yelled from across the caf where Jisung began walking. Jisung smiled widely, although he hated the extra attention. His tray was half filled with three cartons of milk; which he drank when he wasn't very hungry.

"You're late today, what were you doing?" Haechan inquired.
"Oh" Jisung said, throwing his feet under the table in a badly postured slouch. "I was signing up for extra credit."
"Jeez" said Haechan, "we just started back. It's okay you're not failing yet." Jisung laughed and looked to his right, smiling at Chen lightly in which the boy also agreed.

"Whatsupp man?" Chen said, jabbing him in the arm. "Uh, how was your break?" He said it strangely, as if he had something to hide. According to Haechan, he did. So he watched from the other side of the table, waiting until Chen spilled the beans. but instead the sly boy only conversed about spring break and other nerdy topics.

Haechan rolled his eyes incessantly and began chatting with some other classmates at the neighboring tables. I see, he thought to himself. Chen IS hiding it. And he didn't understand why. So after lunch he followed him to his class and caught him off guard.

"So, Rei is making you keep her a secret!"

Chen was startled, "W-What are you talking about!"

He began walking into his next classroom but Haechan's hold on his briefcase strap sent him flying back.

"Did you follow me because of Rei?" he asked, annoyed.

Haechan shook his head yes.

"She didn't ask me to. I just didn't tell Ji that's all."

Haechan made a face, he was blatantly confused. "But why, we're all friends."

Chen scratched his forehead and didn't respond...There's a saying that you itch when lying.

"What's going huh?" Hae said impatiently, " You had the entire lunch period."

"I just...." Chen waited for a group of students to walk past. "Don't want him to feel weird about it."

Just then it all made sense. Whatever Haechan suspected was deeper, it was almost as if Chen refused to date to protect Jisung's feelings. Once he put his thoughts together he wanted to whisper but it didn't come out that way, "Does Jisunggie like you!"

Chen sucked his teeth, "quiet down!"

"you don't?" Haechan continued, "you don't like him? do yo-"

Chen looked down at the vinyl ground. "Well not really... anymore..." he said.

After a careful silence, Haechan let out a loud sneer. "UNBELIEVABLE!"

Chen began to kick Haechan in the knee but Hae moved his leg out of instinct. "Yah!" He said with a pouty face. "don't get angry at me for figuring it out!"

"I'm going to class." Chen growled.

"Jamkkanman," Haechan pleaded. He held onto the boy's straps again but didn't tug. Chen faced him but with eyes half closed, wanting to disappear into the classroom already. "So... I'm right.?"

Chenle rolled his eyes, "You didn't figure anything out, those feelings have...long expired."

Haechan wanted to recall all the signs but wanted to save the deep reflection for later. He had so many questions about Rei instead. "So, what about your feelings for Rei? Are they real?" he whispered.

Chen sighed. "Of course! That's why it doesn't matter anymore."

"If it doesn't matter,"Haechan said concerningly, "why can't you just tell him."

Chen looked around. "It's not that simple."

"But Chen-"

"I love Rei. It's not even about Ji this time, I just haven't had anyone in a while and lately..."
our friendship has been fragile," he wanted to say. But he let the words trail off.

"Okay, let me tell him then."

Chen wanted to hit him again for dare threatening him, but something was more effective...
"you won't have that chance..." he said, looking up at the hallway clock, "because you'll be in detention." A smirk grew across his face.

"Aish!" Haechan scowled before noticing the time. He darted down the hallway with Chen's laugh echoing. "You're not off the hook!" He yelled while disappearing onto the first floor. Even while on ground level, Chenle could still hear his threats. "You better tell him!!"

As soon as Chen stepped in the classroom he thought, Darn it, with Haechan's threats being real, he knew he had to confess to Jisung by tomorrow. It was daunting to think about.

But Hae was right. If his feelings were really gone, what was the big deal? Maybe there was something he hadn't dissected yet.