Chapter 4

Our place was actually pretty nice. All of our parents were rich, and even though they gave us pretty fair allowances, they controlled us, and paid for what we deserved, rather than what they could afford. So we had a decent, five bed apartment off campus, because of my living situation with Sophia, and there were ensuites on two of the rooms and one bathroom and a separate toilet for the other three rooms.

It was decided that Chris and I got the rooms with the ensuites. I had it for practical reasons, because it gave me a space for Sophia as well, and her nursery was next to my room, so it was something we could both use and would let me take care of her. Chris got a bathroom to himself because he was the only other person who was going to be home most of the time, with Meg and him being serious, he wasn't going to be out with girls all night or out partying all night either, and Tom was slightly intimidated by his little sister and she apparently wanted to have a separate bathroom when she came to stay. 

My room was actually quite nice. It was big enough for a big King size bed, which was ridiculously comfy, and came with the apartment, as did all the furniture since it was a new build and we were the first owners. There was also a fair bit of closet space, more than I would ever need, but from what I could figure, the rooms all had plenty of closet space, catering for women as well as men apparently. 

"Dude, this is a pretty sweet place don't you think?" Mark slapped my back and I turned to glare at him and he just carried on talking, completely oblivious.

"It's cool. Bigger than I was thinking."

"Well there are four of us, five if you count Sophia. The lounge is alright sized and the kitchen, but that's it. No other cool rooms."

"There's a gym in the building, and a pool, what else do you want?" I laughed at him, rolling my eyes.

"My parents house." He said flatly, as though it was obvious.

"Yeah, well just be damn happy that they bought this place for us."

"Not paying for me to live though. No, I have to earn my own money."

"So? We've always had to work for our money, even as kids."

"So what are you and Chris doing?"

"I get paid depending on Sophia. If she isn't happy and healthy, they'll take her from me and force me to work. I'm not working so I can raise my child, and it will save my parents extra childcare bills. Chris isn't working because his parents are completely focused on him being Mr Genius, and since he messed up his high-school finals first time round, they said he can not work so long as his grades stay at an A average. Your parents want you to work so you learn some damn responsibility."

"You were less of an ass before she came along." He sent a hard look at Sophia and walked out of my room, leaving me standing there, ready to beat the crap out of him for what he just said.

Later that night, when the guys were getting ready to go out and have a drink, and scout the local bars and clubs, I was sat in the lounge, with Sophia on the floor and was watching TV, bored to death.

"Dude, just come out with us, be fun like you used to." Mark laughed, clearly having started drinking already and I shook my head. "She'll be fine, just put her in her crib and leave her for a couple of hours and come have a good time." He laughed, but by the way he was staring at me, he clearly expected me to do that.

"Are you being serious?!" I snapped at him, and stood, face to face with him. "She's not a dog Mark! You don't just lock a baby in a house and leave it alone! What if someone got in here huh?! What if there was a fire or something?! How fucking stupid can you get?!"