7. Sword And Stone

UGH

I fall to the ground hard as a sword is jabbed above my head. I roll away as it's stabbed into the ground to the side of me.

Orchid: "You'll never-"

I thrust my sword up, it clanging with the sword now pressing towards my neck.

Orchid: "Take me-"

I kick up and shove my sword up, sending the other sword flying.

Orchid: "Alive!"

I flip the assassin on the floor, straddling her as the scene ends.

Director: "Cut!"

I get up quickly, not wanting to hurt Velvet. I extend my hand to her, yet she ignores it. Dumb move, Orchid, dumb move. The set moves around as actors and set workers mull about.

Director: "Great work, team. That was the last shot for tonight. Go on and get home; we'll see you tomorrow."

I sigh, feeling worn out from having to do multiple fall and combat scenes. I grab my phone from my agent, Carlos, as he walks me back to my car.

Carlos: "That was great work, O. Great work!"

Orchid: "Thanks, Carlos."

Carlos: "I know Fred's happy."

Sure, it's great that the director is happy. But it doesn't feel as good when your costar hates you. I can't imagine what the press tour will be like.

I sigh quietly as Carlos opens my door for me.

Carlos: "I'll see you tomorrow, Chid."

Orchid: "Bye, Carlos. Love you."

Carlos: "Love you."

I drive home to my rented apartment. I've packed the majority of my things; I'm only here for the rest of this week, and then filming is done. It's been fun. I just wish Velvet and I could get along.

I go to my bathroom and draw a bath, my body relaxing in the hot water as I sink into the bubbles. Ugh, I needed this so badly.

 Ugh, I needed this so badly

I close my eyes and think. No, no, I shouldn't think. I'll... be... at... peace.

*CLANG*

I picture Velv over me, hate in her eyes as she tries to stab me.

*CLINK*

I thrust my sword up, shoving her off of me.

*BANG*

Our swords drop, and the lights of set disappear. I pull her back to me and move my hand to the back of her neck as-

I stop, catching myself. Woah, Orchid... not again. I can't keep thinking of her like that. It's detrimental to my peace of mind. I grumble to myself, annoyed with my silly emotions. It's very unprofessional to fall for your coworker. What would Carlos think? Fred? Velvet, if she found out?