SNEAKPEAK

One:

EDMUND
"Miss, Anastasia Cowper, escorted by her mother, Lady Cressida Cowper."

My brother is talking about our sisters coming out. And surely Charlotte looked beautiful, and it went well, but nothing could prepare me for who came afterwards. They truly saved the best for last, this breathtaking girl in front of me. I needed to know who she was. I'm stupid, I know who she is, but more specifically. I want to know her. Everything about her. What does she like to do, what are her hobbies, interests, dislikes, and likes. Her name doesn't matter. For it is her that takes up my every thought as she walks down. She's shaking, that's evident enough. If only she knew how much this room is taken by her. It's evident in everyone's faces including mine. My brother meets my glaze.

"Miles, who is she?"

"You heard the guard, she is Miss Anastasia Cowper. Apparently her family had a rather big scandal when her mother was agreed into a loveless marriage. Now they're here."

She arrives at the queen. Queen Elizabeth, grand-daughter of Queen Charlotte, long live the queen. She curtsy as her blonde curls swoop her face magnificently. The queen wastes no time in standing up and approaching her.

"They've truly saved the best for last. If there are any imperfections you might think of yourself, have them erased promptly. For you are a sight for sore eyes, a shining stone amidst blunt rocks. You are gorgeous."

She raises her head and she smiles. She then walks off and I'm immediately saddened. For in only the view of her can I truly find joy.

Miles chucked, "Ho ho oh, looks like Viscount Bridgerton has found himself the Diamond of the Season."

ANASTASIA:
Pacing back and forth has always made me find solitude whenever I cannot find it on my own. This stupid feather on my head is making it hard to stand upright. I rip it off and submit to the floor. I know it is a filthy bathroom floor but I cannot help it. I hug my legs. Looks like I am alone. Now that I have my thoughts composed, how does one calm one's breath when it is going out of control?

"Ann, you must come out. Make haste, quickly. Your turn is coming up." I hear my mother as she walks into the bathroom. "Anastasia Cowper, you get off the tile immediately!"

"I can't mother, please delay it for as long as you can!"

"You're already missed two season due to you just deciding you don't want to do it, you've pushed it back long enough. Now is the time you must face it head on. The queen awaits!"

"I...I can't do it mother! Please!"

"Anastasia I will now watch you throw your life away. Hold your breath. Stand up. Wipe your face. And make haste!"

"Please mother. I promise I will come out when I can. But could you please tell them to move me down?"

She scoffs, "I would never." There's silence as I look at her. Tears forming. "Do not cry! You'll ruin your gown and I'm sure the modiste that made it would be crushed. So will I because you will have costed me."

I continue to look at her as my breath starts up again. It is like I cannot contain it. It fills my body and infiltrates my mind. All of the things that could go wrong floods all my thoughts. I've put this off for so long. Why now must I go?

"I will try to move you down. But you must promise me that once you are you will go out there, not look like you've been crying. And make the Cowper name proud. I didn't take your wretched fathers last for a reason. Make it be known!"

She stomps out of the bathroom and I let tears fall. It is only a few minutes after that she comes in.

"Oh good, we've migrated from the floor of a bathroom to the wall of one. Get off it and come line up immediately. You are after a Charlotte Bridgerton."

"A Bridgerton? All is lost then. You know by just hearing their name all the queens attention will revert to them, and everyone after will relish in their defeat. For who could ever outshine a Bridgerton!"

"A Cowper. Do you hear me. Now make haste. Must I tell you this again!"

Two:

Jane Bridgerton has found a great love for traveling, much like her father, and writing, much like her mama. Her eldest sibling Agatha might've inherited Lady Whistledown when their mother had retired. But that doesn't mean Jane hasn't found her own way to write to the world. At the age of ten and seven she is in her prime, and her season and approaching faster than she would want. However, all she really wants is to accompany her father on a trip to Paris. That's all she wants. That is all she has dreamed on. But her father has strictly prohibited any travel until she is married. So unfortunately to her dismay, it looks like she'll have to seduce this years crop of healthy bachelors if she's to ever step foot on a boat to Paris. Such a shame she inherited her father's wicked charm. She befriends a fellow, who to his gullibility, mistakes her desire for the truth. However, as they are courting, he reveals that he can take her to Paris on his own. So by disobeying her father she is off with this random gentleman. But, will the man she settled on not be as bad as she thought? Maybe there is a fine attractiveness with him. Will the forced proximity of the two sew them together better than ever? Or maybe Jack Green isn't just someone to use for her own benefit. Perhaps Jack Green is a figure who should be looked at beyond his perks.