ii. the plan put into action

SIX MONTHS AGO

Vienna wasn't drunk, but she definitely had been drinking a little bit more than usual thanks to Lola and her stupid shots. She never wanted to take shots alone, so Vienna was her go-to person to drink with her because she knew Vienna would be down to do it, well, to an extent. Lola tried to get her to do one more shot with her, but Vienna couldn't do any more, or else she really would be drunk, and her mom would kill her if she found out that her perfect daughter was passed out drunk on Karen Beasley's couch. So, as much as Lola hated her for it, she walked away from the drinks and found a wall to lean on.

"Vi!" A voice shouted excitedly from behind her. Vienna turned around to see Noa standing there, a red solo cup in one hand and her phone in the other. She was definitely at least a few drinks in, considering she bumped into the wall while walking over to where Vienna was standing. "Hi." Noa smiled, putting her phone in the pocket of her skirt.

"I tried calling you! You didn't answer me." Noa frowned, offering the taller girl some of her drink, which she politely declined. "Sorry, I haven't looked at my phone in a while, Lola's had me doing shots with her all night." Vienna apologized, heart pounding as Noa sighs and puts her arms around her neck. "I don't like her." Noa tells her honestly, and Vienna knows that if it wasn't for the fact that she had been drinking, Noa wouldn't have said that.

"Who? Lola?" Vienna asked, putting her hands on Noa's waist.

Noa nodded, "She's like always with you, and she like constantly makes you do things that you don't want to."

Vienna laughed, "Noa, she's my best friend."

Noa frowned even deeper at the statement, and Vienna found it so cute. If she could have, she would have kissed the frown off her face, but that definitely was not something that she should do, because that just might fuck up her friendship with Noa. "I thought I was your best friend?" Noa questioned, looking up at her.

Vienna could feel Noa's fingers twirling in the strands of hair at the back of her neck, sending goosebumps down her spine. "Noa..." Vienna sighed, at a loss for words.

"Yeah?"

"What's up? What's with this line of questioning?"

"You make me feel things, Vienna," Noa admitted, looking slightly flustered, her face turning red, which Vienna found so endearing, "I shouldn't feel this way around you, you're supposed to just be my best friend."

Vienna froze, "What do you mean?"

Noa huffed, almost like she was annoyed that she was feeling this way, like she didn't want to feel this way, like it was bothersome to her. "It's like," She started, "Like every time I'm around you, I want to kiss you."

Vienna swore she felt her heart stop, and then start beating so fast she thought she might be about to die. "Are," Vienna gulped, "Are you sure this isn't just the alcohol talking, Noa?"

Noa scoffed, before pushing herself away from Vienna, and Vienna knew then she had fucked up by saying that to Noa, so she grabbed her hand before she had the chance to walk away, pulling her back towards her and wrapping her arms around her waist to keep her from trying to walk away from her again. "Vi, what?" Noa asked, looking up at her confused, but Vienna ignored her question, and instead pressed her lips to Noa's.

PRESENT DAY

"Karen had a party at her house maybe six months ago," Imogen stated, "It was the night Karen and Kelly and I stopped being friends."

Oh shit. Vienna knew exactly which party Imogen was talking about, and from the look on Noa's face, she knew exactly what party it was too. Vienna always tried her very fucking best to not think about that party, but somehow she always ends up thinking about it whether she liked it or not.