Chapter 2

༘ ೀ⋆。˚🎧ྀི

𝒮𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒: 𝒷𝑜𝓇𝑒𝒹

"Please don't kill me..." The blond's voice, weak and trembling, sent shivers of a different kind down Kaeya's spine. He crouched beside the figure, wary but curious.

"What do you mean? Do I even know you?" Kaeya's voice was low, carefully neutral.

A pained groan escaped the figure. "Please tell me Who did this to you and my name is Kaeya not Kouki." Kaeya frowned. Kouki? "Who is Kouki?"

The figure's head lifted slightly, revealing a pair of startled blue eyes. Relief flooded them momentarily before confusion took over. "Thank God... I'm sorry, you look like someone I know, that's all..." His voice trailed off, a low murmur. "My name is Albedo, by the way."

"Albedo," Kaeya repeated, offering a hand. "It's an honor to meet you," he said, helping Albedo up. The touch was electric, sending a warmth through Kaeya that had nothing to do with escaping the rain.

Albedo swayed slightly, blinking rapidly. "Thank you," he mumbled, taking a hesitant step back.

"Wait!" Kaeya reached out, grabbing Albedo's arm before he could disappear into the downpour. "Please, take this umbrella. It's pouring out there."

Albedo glanced down at the offered umbrella, then back at Kaeya. A flicker of something - gratitude, perhaps, or maybe a touch of fear - crossed his face. "That's kind of you, but I wouldn't want to deprive you. Plus I have a car nearby"

Kaeya's smile was both genuine and a little sly. "Your car doesn't have a roof" he said the thought of Albedo disappearing into the rain again was unsettling.

Albedo hesitated for another beat, then hesitantly took the umbrella. "Thank you," he said again, his voice barely a whisper.

As he turned to leave, a sudden thought struck Kaeya. "Wait!" he called out again. Albedo turned back, a questioning look in his eyes.

"Can I at least have your number?" Kaeya added, feeling a blush creep up his neck. He wasn't usually this forward, but something about Albedo, his vulnerability, the way he looked at Kaeya... it threw him off balance.

Albedo stared at him for a long moment, his brow furrowed. Then, slowly, he pulled out a worn notebook from his pocket and scribbled a number down on a loose piece of paper. He held it out to Kaeya with a reluctant nod.

Kaeya took the paper carefully, his fingers brushing against Albedo's briefly. A spark, a thrill of connection, shot through him.

With a mumbled goodbye, Albedo turned and disappeared into the rain, the flimsy umbrella offering little real protection. Kaeya watched him go, a strange mix of curiosity and concern swirling in his chest.

Later that night, safe and dry in his own apartment, Kaeya stared at the scrap of paper with Albedo's number. A ghost of a smile played on his lips. He wasn't sure what had just happened, but he knew one thing - he definitely wanted to find out more.

 He wasn't sure what had just happened, but he knew one thing - he definitely wanted to find out more

Across town, in a small, cluttered alchemy lab, Albedo lay in bed, the sheets tangled around him. Sleep eluded him. The invitation - a casual "hang out tomorrow" - echoed in his head.

It had been so long since he'd interacted with anyone outside of work, let alone considered going on something that resembled a date. But something about Kaeya, his kindness in the rain, the way his eyes had crinkled when he smiled... it had sparked a flicker of interest within Albedo, a flicker he couldn't quite ignore. He wanted Kaeya to be his friend.

He tossed and turned, excitement battling with the familiar anxiety that always rose when faced with anything outside his controlled experiments. Finally, with a sigh, he reached for his sketchbook. Maybe drawing some cecilias, or perhaps sketching the strange storm clouds he'd seen earlier, would help him clear his head.

But as he flipped through the pages, his fingers brushed against a faded sketch tucked in the back - a portrait of a woman with gentle eyes and a warm smile

Word count : 688 words