Just Trying to Help (Garroth x Clumsy!Fem!Reader) | Mystreet S4

Y/n's P.O.V

Aaron, Lucinda, Grace, Kim, Garroth and I had arrived at the lodge. Garroth and Aaron's parents had asked us to go there to fix things up and get the place up and running again.

"This place is a total dump," Lucinda said as we stood outside in the snow, looking at the building that used to be one of the most popular places Ru'aun.

"Maybe, It's not as bad on the inside?" Grace said in a questioning tone. "I doubt it, this place hasn't been in use for years. I bet its even worse on the inside," my older brother, Aaron, said, disagreeing with her.

"Well then let's get inside, it's getting rather chilly out here," Kim said. We all nodded in agreement and headed inside.

~

It was a mess inside. Chairs and tables scattered everywhere, cobwebs hanging everywhere you looked and pretty much every window was broken or boarded up.

"I guess I was wrong," Grace sighed as she picked up a three-legged chair and stood it against the wall. "Our best bet is to find the lights and get them turned on," I said and the others nodded in agreement.

We all headed to find the power box and then got to work on cleaning up the place. Grace and Aaron headed upstairs, Lucinda and Kim went to the garage and Garroth and I went to the main room where we first came in.

I stood on a chair to change the light bulb when I lost my balance and the chair tipped over. "Y/n! Are you okay?" Garroth asked as he helped me up. "Yep, I'm fine," I replied and we got back to work.

~

I came running down the stairs of the lodge. I had found the old room Aaron, Melissa and I had stayed in as kids and I was rushing down to tell him.

"Aaron! You'll never guess what I fou-" I began as my foot missed a step and I tumbled down the stairs. "Y/n!" I heard Aaron's worried voice cry.

As I reached the bottom, a pair of strong arms caught me. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in Garroth's arms.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I breathed heavily. "Yeah," I replied as I looked over to where Aaron was standing.

He looked relieved but kind of angry at the same time. Was it because Garroth caught me? I mean, it might be. Aaron is my older brother after all, so he is pretty protective of me.

~

Later, Garroth and I were working on cleaning up the kitchen. Grace and Aaron were doing the dining room, and Kim and Lucinda had gone back upstairs.

"Y/n, be careful, you've already nearly hurt yourself twice today," Garroth sighed. I rolled my eyes at him. "I will," I said as I tripped over a plank of wood on the floor and grabbed onto the countertop to catch my balance.

That's when the cupboard above me fell off the wall, and was about to fall on me when I felt someone grab me and we went tumbling across the room.

The cupboard fell and crashed onto the floor as Garroth and I stood up. "You really don't know what be careful means, do you?" Garroth giggled.

I shook my head and let out a small giggle too. The room went quiet and there was an awkward silence. Garroth leaded in closer as I closed my eyes and felt the weight of his lips on mine.

We pulled away and gazed into each other's eyes when we heard a growel behind us.

"GARROTH RO'MAEVE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY SISTER?!" Aaron yelled. Garroth looked at me with wide eyes.

Oh shit