Chapter 12: The Cat Is Out Of The Bag

Alexia Riddle

I knocked twice on Hagrid's door while Matt waited beside me with his hands tucked in his pockets. We wanted to see Hagrid once before Buckbeak's execution. Tom hadn't joined us because according to him "He couldn't care less about Hargrid or Buckbeak." He could be so insensitive.

After waiting for 3 minutes, Matt grew impatient and knocked significantly louder than I had, "Hagrid, Its us!" He shouted. We knew he was there, we had seen him moving around from his window. After a moment, Hagrid opened the door looking startled.
"Oh, it's yeh." He quickly ushered us in.

"Oh, hello." I said looking at Harry, Ron and Hermione.
"Hi." Hermione answered back while the boys merely nodded with a tight lipped smile.

"How did yeh get out of the castle?" Hagrid questioned us with a slight panic-stricken note in his voice.

"We just....walked." Matt looked questioningly at Hagrid with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh."

"Besides, we aren't the ones with a serial killer after us." I said jokingly but quickly hid my smile at Matt side-eyeing me.

We stayed and talked with Hagrid until it was time to leave because Fudge had shown up.

*************************

"I thought you'd come and help your friend," Sirius Black said hoarsely. His voice sounded as though he had long ago lost the habit of using it. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you, not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful..... it will make everything much easier..." He said looking at Harry. He hadn't even noticed me or Matt yet.

If you had told me in the morning that I would deal with Trelawney's awful examination today, witness an execution and come face-to-face with my Godfather slash prisoner escaped from Azkaban, I would have probably laughed at your face. But now as I stood backed away in a corner with Matt standing in front of me hiding me partially from Sirius's line of sight, everything felt unreal. Today felt like a dream. The castle, my friends, Tom, everything and everyone felt so far away like I had been snatched away from my normal life and placed in the Shrieking Shack with the most random combination of people in the world.

"Matt.."
"Shh!" He shushed me quickly while I etched slightly out from the corner to be able to witness the scene unfolding before me clearly. We had several bruises from the Womping Willow. I had my wand tucked in back pocket, I could use it whenever I wanted.

Did I want to use my wand?

"You killed my parents." Harry whispered to Sirius holding him down. It was now or never Alexia. Before Matt could stop me, I pulled out my wand, "Expelliarmus!" Harry's wand went flying away while Matt leaped forward and pulled Harry away. Everyone's eyes was on us now. Even Sirius had finally noticed us.

"Oh my...It can't be." He whispered pulling himself up.

"You don't want to do this Harry, trust me." Matt said to Harry looking him in the eye while Harry's eyes filled with betrayal and rage. Mattheo was larger and stronger than Harry so, he could hold him struggling to get out from Matt's hold.

I focused my gaze at Sirius who was looking at us with wide eyes.
"Alexia and Mattheo," He started approaching me, "I thought he had killed you both." Sirius's voice was barely above a whisper.

"He wouldn't try to kill two babies." I spoke with a shrug. Sorry Harry. Before I could register what was happening, Sirius engulfed me in a hug and pulled Mattheo too. He let go after a moment.