Chapter 22 - New Alliances

Hero La Kill Ch. 22: New Alliances

Written by Aduubo, Buckichamp, and PikachuSpartan.

I OWN NOTHING. KILL LA KILL IS OWNED BY STUDIO TRIGGER AND KAZUKI NAKASHIMA. MHA IS OWNED BY TOHO ANIMATION AND KOHEI HORIKOSHI.

———————————————————

"I can't believe it... He... That fucking nerd... He beat me."

A certain ash blonde student turned his head to see Deku celebrating his win with Ryuko.

"Again. Not again."

Bakugo could barely keep his breath in check, along with him clutching at his forearms as the muscles were sore with a singeing pain. All while Deku and Ryuko over there looked like they had barely broken a sweat. Seeing that was just another weight on his shoulders that worked to break his back in the worst way possible, all while he also turned his eyes towards Todoroki.

'I didn't even get into the top three. That damn tramp fucked me over!'

His eyes locked directly onto Matoi as blood vessels became very visible in them. She had absolutely demolished him during the race, and now he was just a fourth wheel to the three students that would get the spotlight.

But the Sports Festival wasn't over, and now he had time to set his sights on a third target to destroy during the competition.

Todoroki too was catching his breath before he took a quick glance at Midoriya. He shrugged off the loss for now. He had only won the first fight, but not the war.

"Deku!! Matoi!!"

Both teens turned their eyes to meet a familiar brunette that was out of breath and had just caught up to them, following with her releasing an exhausted bellow.

"O-Oh! Hey, Uraraka!!" Izuku's cheeks began to grow a light pink blemish. Ryuko saw this and began to chuckle.

"Deku, you were really amazing out there!! Those moves were awesome! No wonder you got first place!"

Midoriya let his arms snake their way around his face in an attempt to shield himself from the positivity that overwhelmed him, especially when it came from Uraraka. Who he may or may not be crushing on. Indecisive is another word that he would add on his list of personal traits.

"N-No! Uhm! It was no-"

He felt a nudge to his back, which stemmed from the red streaked girl.

"C'mon dude, just take the compliment," she spoke with a smile.

Izuku pondered for a moment before letting his guard down and faced Uraraka head on.

"T-Thank you, Uraraka. I really a-appreciate it."

"That was such a close race between you two! You both were practically neck and neck!"

"You know it! Izuku managed to pull a fast one on me at the last second. But the way he started the race? Oh man. The way he jumped over everyone and got a head start was just awesome!" Ryuko cheered in excitement.

"Oh man, it really was!"

Izuku's body stiffened as he struggled to find a proper reaction from the sudden praise he was receiving. He finally regained control once he looked down at his palm.

'I really did it. I was able to win this race with my power. Even with that gamble I took in the minefield, I was able to briefly push past my initial limits. I can't believe how strong I'm getting!!''

He looked over to Ryuko specifically, paying attention to her smile.

'She's done so much for me. I owe it all to her. But it'll have to wait. This is where my ability will be tested for real. Besides, we'd probably just smother each other with compliments.'