Metamorphosis

"Elle, I'm literally almost home. I'm gonna shower then head over to yours in no time."

Your face and shoulder clung onto your phone as it was lodged in between. You were practically speeding down the roads with no caution in mind.

Michelle had called you as soon as she knew your shift was over at her favorite diner. It's been two days since you met and it's progressed faster than you have ever experienced.

You realized why you liked the Montgomery girl so much, you never made a true friend before. As a recluse who focused on school and work, making friends outside of those two things never really happened for you.

"Well did you remember to grab the-", she rushed in a panic but you cut her off swiftly, "The steaks for dinner tonight? Yes, I have them in my lap because someone was rushing me to get them and come over. Michelle, if you so much as ask me one more time- these steaks aren't gonna be the only thing I use a mallet on."
She releases a breath.

"Ok fine, I'll see you in a bit." You both say your farewells and end the call.

You allow the phone to drop onto your lap, with it crammed in between your stomach and the steaks.

Despite the slight annoyance the girl brought to you, you still smiled. You had a friend finally. And yea you had friends from work, you spent the night with the girls at the BAU before.
But this was a whole new ball game.

Someone had accepted you, well as much of 'you' that you could share. Michelle didn't need a problem solving environment to learn how to coexist with you and like you.

Of course once you remembered why you even spoke to her in the first place- you felt stupid.

You're on a case and you're worrying over dinners and binge watching a show.

If she found out she'd probably hate you.

Then what?
Find another 'possible' connection to the Winchester brothers?
Like you or Whitmore would get that chance again.

You knew you had to be smart about this, that's why you hid the file and papers throughout the pages of the Hunger Games book that you never read.

But you were enjoying Michelle's company a lot.

Shouldn't you be able to have work and pleasure at once? Or maybe she was just a good distraction from the people you truly missed? Are you coping at all?

You left everything behind, you need to cope.

But is there really any time for that?

You're waiting for the arrival of the Winchesters.

They should be showing up soon. Why aren't they here yet? Mr. Montgomery is getting worse.

What would they even do though? Why is this important?

Loose strands unraveled then tangled into more knots as time went on. Your mind was caught up like it was five seconds, but time was funny for you and your body moved with it.

You had actually gotten home, showered, changed, and walked to the Montgomery's by the time you snapped out of it. Time stands still for your brain but it keeps moving for your body.