1.0

So High School

"Are you nervous Tay?" Andrea Swift asks her fourteen year old daughter. "First day of highschool."

"Yeah. What if I miss a class or something? Or get lost in the school?" Taylor fidgets in her seat while they near the building.

"Everyone's like this on their first day. Just trust me you'll be fine." Her mother reassures her.

"Okay.." She says timidly. They pull up into the parking lot of the school.

"See you later!" Her mother exclaims cheerfully. "Good luck."

"Thanks mom." She grabs her backpack and sprints into the building, following the rest of the crowd.

As the hours dragged on, Taylor attends to all of her classes, meeting her new teachers and classmates. She immediately is able to decide whether she will like the class or not.

About halfway through the day, the lunch bell rings. Taylor gets a tray of food and takes a seat at an empty table. She gets lost in thought as she plays with her food.

"Can I sit here?" A voice says, interrupting her train of thought. She looks up to see a girl her age with red curly hair.

"Sure." Taylor shrugs.

"Great." She takes a seat and slams her tray down. "I'm Abigail. Nice to meet you." She sticks out her hand.

Taylor shakes it unsurely. "Taylor." She replies.

"So how are you enjoying your first day of high school?" Abigail asks.

"It's definitely interesting." Taylor nods. "Definitely not what I expected. How about you?"

"Besides the bratty girls and snobby boys, it's definitely not as bad as they made it seem in the movies." Abigail answers her.

Taylor chuckles. "Yeah, they used to make me worry.." She gets distracted by a tall, handsome figure who strolls by. "Who is that?"

Abigail turns and tries to match her gaze. "Who?"

"Right there. Tall kid in the white hoodie and blue jeans." Taylor points.

"Ohh. That's Travis Kelce. He's a sophomore. A jock. Big jerk too." Abigail responds. "We're neighbours, and he pisses me off."
Taylor wasn't listening, she just stares at the boy. "Developing a crush are we?" Abigail teases.

Taylor snaps back to reality. "No!" She says quickly. "Just, admiring.."

Abigail smiles to herself. "Oh boy."