2.1

But Daddy I Love Him (part two)

Five years had passed since Taylor and Travis ran away. Now Taylor sits in front of her vanity, brushing out her blonde hair. Travis comes up from behind and kisses her neck.

"Are you ready baby?" Travis asks.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Taylor replies. He takes her hand and helps her up. The two get into the car and drive back towards their old life.

After an hour of Taylor being a nervous wreck, they pull up into her parents driveway. The couple get out of the car and stare up at the gloomy house. "Let's get this over with." Taylor says firmly. Travis nods. He takes her hand and they walk up to the front door. Taylor gives three loud knocks and stands back, waiting for the door to open. A few short moments later, Andrea swings it open. The shock registers on her face when she sees her daughter standing right in front of her.

"Taylor?" Her mother says, completely dumbfounded.

"Yes mom. It's me." She replies.

"Scott come here now.. Taylor is here." She calls out to her husband. "Come inside." Andrea gestures.

The young couple follows her into the living. "I've only come briefly." Taylor says while taking a seat on the comfortable couch. "Me and Travis are engaged mom, and the wedding is in a month. We came to tell you and hopefully get your blessing. Whether you give it or not, we're still going to get married." Scott had joined them and heard the entire sentance.

"Engaged?!" He asks in shock. "You two are getting married?!"

"Yes dad." Taylor says with a certain firmness in her voice.

"Well Scott?" Andrea asks. "Should we give the two our blessing?"

His face reddens in anger. "You can do whatever you want Andrea, but my daughter will not get my blessing if she marries that man." Scott turns on his heel and storms out of the room.

"I'm sorry he reacted like that Trav." Taylor says sympathetically. She pats his leg.

"It's fine." He tells her nonchalantly. They pull up into their driveway. "Anyway, your mother approved."

"Yes but.. I can tell it's bothering you." Taylor unbuckles her seatbelt and gets out of the car.

"Let's just continue our day and pretend that didn't happen." Travis suggests. She follows him into the house.

"Alright." Taylor agrees. "I love you."

"Love you too." He kisses her.

A year has passed since the whole incident with Taylor's dad. Sometimes she finds herself thinking about that day, but now new thoughts filled her head. She is 10 weeks pregnant and excited for the baby.

One afternoon Taylor is just relaxing on the couch, rubbing her stomach. Travis was still out at work. Taylor's cell phone rings and she reaches over to pick up. "Hello?"

"Taylor?" Says a voice that belongs to her father. "It's me."

"Hey dad." She says, slightly disappointed and confused that he called her.

"Taylor listen. I'm sorry for how I reacted to the news of your and Travis' engagement. Now I see that he is the one for you. I guess I was concerned and scared that I was going to lose my daughter forever to another man. And that's hard because I love you a lot."

Tears roll down her cheeks. "I love you too dad. I wish you were there to walk me down the aisle."

"Me too." He replies.

"I'll come out and visit you guys soon." Taylor promises.

"You do that." Scott says.

"Love you dad. Goodbye."

"Bye." He hangs up the phone. She puts hers down and sheds a few tears of joy, waiting for Travis to get home to tell him the good news.