2.0

But Daddy I Love Him

"We have to be careful." Travis murmurs under his breath. "If we get caught you'll never be able to see me again."

Taylor slowly kisses her secret boyfriend. "We won't." She reassures him softly. He runs his hands up and down her legs, ruffling up the skirt of her dress. Slowly Travis begins to unbutton her top.

Suddenly, the closet door swings open. The two teenagers look up in fright and see an infuriated Scott Swift towering above them. "Taylor!" He yells.

Travis scrambles to his feet. "I can explain!" He says quickly.

"I don't need an explanation." He says sharply. "Out of my house!" He points to the door. Travis sulks and walks out slowly. Scott turns to his daughter. "What was that Taylor? We have taught better than that! He's a bad kid."

"But daddy I love him!" She protests. "He's good you just need to get to know him!"

"No Taylor! I forbid you to see him!" Her father says angrily. He storms out of the room to go find her mother, with Taylor scurrying after him, dress still slightly unbuttoned. Scott quickly informs her mother what happened.

"Taylor Alison Swift! Have we not told you that he is bad news? He has vandalized school property, shoplifted from various stores and is just plain disrespectful." Her mother scolds her. "You are grounded for two weeks and you will never see that boy again."

"But mom! I love him." Taylor shouts.

"You do not know what true love is, girl." Her father snaps. "We're trying to protect you."

"I hate you guys!" She storms out of the room and goes to hers, slamming the door. Taylor buries her face in her pillow and sobs her heart out. They don't understand, they just don't. Travis is a good person. She thinks. Eventually, she calms down and falls asleep.

When Taylor wakes up it is dark outside. She glances at her alarm clock. It read 2:03 AM. The events of that day come back to her and she feels her heart go heavy. Taylor turns over to go back to sleep but gets startled by a knock at her window. She sits up and goes over to it, finding herself face to face with Travis. Grinning, she opens the window.

"Travis." She whispers.

"Taylor." He says.

"Quiet." She puts her finger to his lips. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you." He mumbles quietly.

"But if my parents catch us.." Taylor trails off.

"Then come with me." Travis tells her. "We'll be back before they wake up." He promises.

"Alright." She agrees. Travis takes her hand and helps her out the window. The cool nights sky was cloudless and decorated with stars. The two walk for a long time until they reach the outskirts of their small town. "What are we doing here?" Taylor asks.

"Taylor." Travis looks her deep in the eyes.

"What?" Taylor asks nervously. She shifts her weight from one foot to the other.

"I want you to run away with me." Those words felt like a bomb-drop on her.

"R-run away?" She asks in bewilderment.

"Yes Taylor. Run away. We can do it right now. I have money with me." Travis tells her. "We could make it!" He says excitedly.

"I don't know Trav.." Taylor trails off.

"Think about it for a second, us two starting a new life in a new state. Together." He says, painting the picture.

She smiles. "That would be nice. But we're only sixteen."

"We'll be fine. I promise." Travis reassures her.

"Alright. Let's head into the unknown!" Taylor says enthusiastically.

He grabs her hand and they run off into the night—away from their small town and ready for whatever the future had in store for them.

_______________________________
hope u guys liked this chapter!! there will be pt.2 so stick around for that!! :)