Stars

Your POV

Summer break went by way too fast for any of us. Before we knew it, it was mid-August and we were going back to Jujutsu High. I packed my stuff up and kissed my dad goodbye before meeting with Yasu. He drove me back to the high school, which actually wasn't too far from our house. Only an hour by car. It made it easy to go back and forth for my training with my clan's elders.

Once we got there, I hugged Yasu and bid him goodbye before taking my suitcase to my dorm room. It was next to Shoko's, which was a bonus. The boy's dorms were in the building directly across from us. The teachers didn't really care all that much about the girls being in the boy's rooms or vice versa.

Once inside, I let my suitcase hit the floor and my body flop onto my bed. Jujutsu High sometimes felt more like home than my actual house did. When you live almost exclusively somewhere for a year and a half, it's hard for it not to. Although, I did enjoy the breaks from Yaga. Don't get me wrong, he was a good teacher and a nice guy (most of the time...), but his training was brutal and he could be pretty hard on us sometimes.

After laying there for a while, I finally got up and unpacked before going out to see if the others were back yet. I went to Shoko's room first and found it empty. Then, I walked over to the boy's dorms and saw that Satoru was also absent. Finally, I went to Suguru's and, to my luck, he was there.

"Hey, Suguru. When'd you get here?" I asked, standing in the doorway.

"Just a few minutes ago," he replied. I probably could've guessed that, seeing as his luggage was still sitting by the door. "Come in."

I smiled and nodded in thanks, kicking off my shoes by his door. "Need any help unpacking?"

"That's alright," he answered as I sat on his desk chair while he sat on the floor with his suitcase. "But I wouldn't be opposed to your company."

"Well, good because I don't feel like sitting alone in my room," I replied, "Do you know if Nanami and Haibara are back yet?"

"Not as far as I know," he said before glancing up at me with a teasing grin, "Why? Am I not good enough for you?"

I rolled my eyes with a smirk and retorted, "Cure my boredom and then I'll let you know."

"Is that a challenge?"

I raised a brow at his tone, which made me curious. I had been thinking about what Shoko told me a few days ago about Suguru liking me, and I kind of wanted to test her theory.

"What if it is?"

Suguru seemed a little caught off guard by my response but recovered almost immediately. He stood up and leaned over me as I sat on his desk chair, putting a hand on each side of the desk behind me as a smirk grew on his face at my wide eyes.

"I suggest you think carefully before you get yourself into something you can't get out of."

I was at a loss for words. Suguru could be mouthy at times, always coming back with a snarky retort. But this was a whole new side of him I had never seen before. The way he was looking at me wasn't like him either. There was almost a sense of longing in his gaze, somehow both soft and predatory at the same time.

Before I could reply, the door to his room opened and there stood Shoko. "Uh... Am I interrupting something?" She asked, looking between us.

"Not at all," Suguru replied cooly, reaching behind me and grabbing a water bottle off the desk. He took a sip from it before placing it beside me. "When did you get here, Shoko?"

Still intrigued by the situation she walked in on, she replied absently, "Just now... I dumped my stuff and came looking for one of you guys."

"Well, you found us," I replied, trying to sound collected and failing.