Part 2

2

When I bowed my head in thought, Pei Yu assumed I was thinking about that man he mentioned.

"Are you thinking about him again? Let me tell you, it's too late now. You want a divorce? Impossible."

With that, I stood up and tore the divorce agreement in front of me into pieces.

Only then did I remember what he had just said.

Recalling what he had mentioned earlier, I thought back to that phone call.

I looked at Pei Yu, feeling speechless.

What kind of situation is this? He imagined it all and blames me.

What I had said that day was, "If I could be single again, I'd immediately fly abroad to see that male stripper, but that's impossible."

My friend even laughed at me, saying Pei Yu had me completely wrapped around his finger.

"Did you not hear what I said after that?"

Pei Yu was stunned by my question and fell silent.

I didn't plan to explain. Let him stew in his own thoughts. Serves him right for not speaking up.

"But you've been so impatient with me lately."

I was even more baffled: "You're at the company every day. We hardly spend any time together. When was I impatient with you?"

Pei Yu's ears turned bright red, as if he found it difficult to speak.

"The past few nights, you've been..."

I instantly understood. Doesn't he know his own strength? Who could withstand his stamina?

"You don't restrain yourself, wanting to do it every day. Of course, I'd be impatient."

Saying this, I also felt my face redden. These bullet comments were simply outrageous, filled with all sorts of explicit words!

【Is there anything that I, as a VIP member, can't see?】

【I come here for the angst but end up being horny.】

【Pei Yu, are you risking your life with such vigor?】

Pei Yu was left dumbfounded by my outburst.

After clearing up this misunderstanding, Pei Yu looked a bit guilty: "Sorry, this time it's my fault. I had someone bring back the necklace you mentioned last time."

"Really?"

"I'm not lying. Don't be angry."

I nodded. That necklace cost tens of millions. Why would I still be angry!

【Haha, it feels like if Jiang Mian calls him 'husband' now, Pei Yu would give her his life.】

【Pei Yu is really so much better than that male lead Lin Bei Chuan. Falling in love with a stand-in? Disgusting.】

Hearing that familiar yet strange name, I was momentarily stunned.

Lin Bei Chuan is the male lead?

I'm his white moonlight, and he found a stand-in for me and ended up falling in love with her?

Suddenly, I felt a huge wave of dog-blood drama wash over me.

I didn't even need to think to know how tragic my end would be, having read so many "chasing wife in the crematorium" novels.

I definitely didn't want to become part of the male and female leads' play.

I glanced at Pei Yu sitting next to me. His face was much more handsome than Lin Bei Chuan's.

Remembering the bullet comment about the life-giving literacy [1], I impulsively called out.

"Husband."

Pei Yu, who was using his computer, stiffly turned to look at me: "What did you just call me?"

It was as if Pei Yu couldn't believe his ears.

Seeing him like this, I felt playful and clung to his arm, looking up at him with a sweet voice: "Husband."

"Are you sure you want to provoke me right now?"

I didn't care.

"I'm not provoking you. Didn't you think I wanted to divorce you? I have to show you my sincerity.

"Don't you agree?"

As soon as I finished speaking, Pei Yu immediately tossed his computer aside, picked me up like a child, and started walking upstairs.

The sudden feeling of weightlessness made me cling to his neck, a foreboding sense of fear growing inside me.

I quickly begged for mercy, but Pei Yu, seemingly in a state of excitement, didn't seem to hear me.

A few hours later, I was exhausted in bed, while Pei Yu was refreshed.

The bullet comments were still refreshing.

【Wow, so thrilling. But is there anything here that we shouldn't see?】

【Why can't we see this exciting moment?】

...

Calling him 'husband' could indeed be life-giving, but it felt like it was my life being taken.

[1] The "life-giving literacy" (给命文学) refers to stories that show the affection of the ML for the FL by using the line "I'd give my life for you!" Sometimes, this is also known as "eyes-reddened literacy" (红眼文学). For example, "The male lead, with reddened eyes, gripped the female lead's waist and said, 'Don't go, I'd give my life for you!'"