Part 7

10

Lin Bei Chuan rushed over and, upon seeing Jiang Ning, immediately took off his jacket to wrap around her.

"I'll demand an explanation from your father for this."

With that, he was about to leave with Jiang Ning in his arms.

But Jiang Ning scanned the crowd, and upon seeing me, she became agitated.

She patted Lin Bei Chuan's hand, signaling for him to put her down.

Lin Bei Chuan frowned but carefully set her down and supported her.

"Miss Jiang, thank you for grabbing onto me earlier. If not for you, I wouldn't have lasted until help arrived."

I was about to say "You're welcome," but Lin Bei Chuan interrupted with an accusatory tone.

"Why didn't you jump in to save her when you were right there? Jiang Mian, since when did you become so..."

"Lin Bei Chuan, watch your tone. She fell in, and it wasn't because I pushed her. I grabbed her to help, which was already more than enough. You expect me to jump in and save her too?"

I held back Pei Yu, who was about to step forward to speak, and looked at Lin Bei Chuan with disdain and mockery.

He must be out of his mind. Regardless of how well I know Jiang Ning, if I jumped in to save her, I'd probably end up in the hospital tonight.

Lin Bei Chuan wanted to say something, but Jiang Ning held his hand. "Don't be like this."

Then she turned to me. "Miss Jiang, please don't mind what he said. He's just very worried."

I nodded expressionlessly, pulling Pei Yu away.

As expected of a brainless angsty novel; the male lead clearly has issues.

It's better to keep my distance.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice Pei Yu's unease.

It wasn't until later that I realized how much resentment he felt because of my action of stopping him today.

"You didn't let me speak today because you didn't want me to embarrass him?"

I was groggy and didn't quite catch on. "What... who would be embarrassed?"

Pei Yu increased his grip, and my mind went blank.

After a long time of torment, he held me in his arms.

"Do you still like him?"

Hearing this question, alarm bells rang in my head.

I struggled to open my eyes. "Are you talking about Lin Bei Chuan?"

Pei Yu silently watched me.

"That was just a misunderstanding. We weren't really together. The milk tea he sent was all drunk by Yu Fei, who thought my brother had sent it."

"The love letter wasn't meant for him either."

It was my fault for not writing a name on the letter, which led Lin Bei Chuan to mistakenly think I liked him.

At the time, I was too embarrassed to deny it, so I muddled through and ended up with him for two days before I gathered the courage to explain.

I didn't expect Lin Bei Chuan to suggest we give it a try, but I refused.

Somehow, this news got out and became more exaggerated.

What was merely two days was blown up into two years.

"If it wasn't for him, then who was it for?"

Pei Yu's gaze turned dangerous as he looked at me. I pulled the blanket over my face. "I can't remember, but it definitely wasn't Lin Bei Chuan. Now, let's sleep. I'm really tired."

Pei Yu remained silent for a moment, then hugged me from behind.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

11

Without my involvement, my role was taken over by Song Yi, who pushed Jiang Ning into the water.

Lin Bei Chuan ended up getting engaged to Song Yi for the sake of the family inheritance.

When I received the news, I was a bit stunned.

Logically, now that Lin Bei Chuan understood his feelings, he shouldn't let Jiang Ning go.

【The female lead's childhood friend showed up, giving the male lead a sense of crisis, but he still doesn't want to give up the company.】

【How did the male lead suddenly realize his feelings? Shouldn't there be a few hundred chapters of angst first?】

Yeah, is the plot progressing this fast?

The bullet comments previously mentioned that I, the vicious supporting female character, caused countless misunderstandings between the male and female leads.

So when the male lead discovered that everything was my doing, I ended up with a tragic fate.

I recalled the previous bullet comments and speculated about the upcoming plot.

But what surprised me was Jiang Ning's disappearance.

When Lin Bei Chuan came to me, I was completely confused.

"Jiang Mian, do you know where Jiang Ning is?"

Looking at the somewhat frantic Lin Bei Chuan in front of me, I was speechless.

"How would I know where she is?"

"But her last phone call was to you!"

"You're talking nonsense. Why would she call me...?"

Seeing the call log on Lin Bei Chuan's phone, I swallowed the last word.

No way, she really did call me?

I hadn't received any call, but the number was indeed mine.

Before I could speak, Lin Bei Chuan stood up and looked at me coldly. "Jiang Mian, you'd better tell me where Jiang Ning is, or else..."

"What? Is Mr. Lin only good at threatening women?"

I didn't know when Pei Yu had arrived, but after saying this, he walked over and sat down beside me.

Although Lin Bei Chuan was standing and Pei Yu was sitting, it felt like Lin Bei Chuan was being thoroughly suppressed by Pei Yu.

"I took the call. If you have any questions, ask me."

I turned to look at Pei Yu. When did he take a call for me without me knowing?

Pei Yu picked up my coffee and took a sip, then leaned closer to my ear.

"Don't you remember? That night you didn't want me to help you with your bath, a call came in, and you asked me to answer it. After you came out, you fell asleep like a little pig, and I forgot to tell you."

As soon as he mentioned it, I remembered.

"Since you answered, what did Jiang Ning say? Why did she leave without a word?"

Lin Bei Chuan now truly seems to be madly in love.

"Oh, she asked my wife to stay away from you, because you're not a good person."

"You!"

"Believe it or not, I've told you. As for where she went, she didn't say."

Pei Yu looked down, playing with my hand.

I believed what he said, but why would Jiang Ning call me and say that?

Lin Bei Chuan glared at us, and I glared back.

Pei Yu chuckled softly, then pulled me up to leave.

Before leaving, he left one last remark.

"Mr. Lin, instead of wasting time looking for my wife, you might want to secure a few projects. Otherwise, you might end up losing both the beauty and the kingdom."