Part 9

The next day, as soon as Yi He returned to school, he couldn't wait to find Jiang Zhi Xu and gossip: "Hey, did you know someone proposed at our school last night!"

Jiang Zhi Xu: "Proposed?"

"Yeah, a proposal! Someone overheard the dorm manager talking about an Alpha who waited downstairs for an Omega for three hours! There were even students who stayed at school saying they heard someone loudly say 'I accept' downstairs. If that's not a proposal, what is?"

Jiang Zhi Xu's expression immediately became very complicated.

"But I can't understand it. If it was a proposal, where were the candles, balloons, and onlookers? What kind of proposal is that?"

Seeing that Jiang Zhi Xu didn't respond, Yi He sighed regretfully, "Oh man, I missed such an exciting scene. I feel like I missed out on a fortune!"

Jiang Zhi Xu didn't know how to respond.

"You shouldn't spend all your time studying, studying, and studying. Sometimes you need to look up and see what's going on around you, chat about gossip, maybe even date someone. College life shouldn't be wasted..."

Yi He's lecture was cut short when a student from a neighboring dorm passed by and said, "Yi He, I just saw Xia Shu downstairs. Is he waiting for you?"

"Huh? I have no idea," Yi He looked puzzled, "He didn't call me."

Jiang Zhi Xu instinctively checked his phone.

[I'm downstairs at your dorm.]

He hurriedly stood up.

"Where are you going?" Yi He asked, confused.

"Well..." Jiang Zhi Xu blushed, feeling a bit guilty, "Xia Shu said he's downstairs waiting for me..."

Yi He was silent for two seconds before suddenly realizing, "What the heck! Jiang Zhi Xu, you better come clean! What exactly happened between you and Xia Shu?!"

Jiang Zhi Xu had no time to explain. Grabbing his bag, he dashed out.

Yi He took two steps to follow, then stopped, shaking his head with a laugh: "Forget it, they are really impressive. Xia Shu sure is efficient at wooing someone. My dear Zhi Xu is such a catch, lucky that guy!"

Returning to his dorm, Yi He walked to the balcony, just in time to see his roommate running towards Xia Shu, who then scooped him up in a hug.

Even from a distance, Yi He could sense the happiness radiating from the couple, warmer and brighter than the summer sun.

Jiang Zhi Xu was a top student Omega.

Xia Shu was the esteemed Alpha heartthrob.

To say they didn't match? They actually did, both being prominent figures on campus.

To say they did match? It was hard to imagine what their relationship would be like if they were together.

No need to imagine anymore.

Because it was reality now.

Turns out, the best way to bring a god down to earth is through love.

Whether a top student or a heartthrob, once in love, they are just like any other couple, filled with the sweet and sour nuances of romance.

And the biggest victim of their love was Yi He.

Jiang Zhi Xu was considerate, trying not to let his personal life affect Yi He. During the day, he stayed out of the dorm as much as possible. At night, he wore headphones during video calls with Xia Shu, speaking softly.

But the dorm room was only so big! And their video calls were so long!

Yi He, lying on his bed playing games, glanced down to see Jiang Zhi Xu seriously studying with a pen in hand. Just a slight tilt of his head, and he saw Xia Shu on Jiang Zhi Xu's phone screen, staring lovingly at him.

Ugh... how nauseating, how could Xia Shu have such a greasy expression? Isn't Jiang Zhi Xu grossed out?

Of course, Yi He knew his reaction was just petty. Xia Shu's expression wasn't greasy at all.

Feeling he'd had enough, Yi He decided to take a shower. Passing behind Jiang Zhi Xu, he saw Xia Shu's lips moving on the screen, clearly saying something to Jiang Zhi Xu.

Jiang Zhi Xu was wearing headphones, so Yi He couldn't hear Xia Shu's voice, but he did hear Jiang Zhi Xu's refusal: "Living in the dorm is convenient for classes; moving out would be a bit troublesome."

"What's up? Are you planning to move out?" Yi He stopped in his tracks.

Jiang Zhi Xu looked up and shook his head slightly: "No plans for that right now."

Yi He nodded, not saying anything more.

He didn't want Jiang Zhi Xu to move out. After all, they got along really well.

But Yi He soon realized his thoughts were mistaken.

Because! Jiang Zhi Xu and Xia Shu! Were unbelievably clingy!

Initially, Xia Shu maintained his gentlemanly demeanor.

Aside from video calling Jiang Zhi Xu every night and frequently accompanying him to classes during the day, he didn't engage in any excessive behavior.

However, as their relationship deepened, Xia Shu's actions became increasingly overbearing.