1. How Do You Bathe in Space? You Don't.

There's no one else here to smell him, not in the black void of space, but even Din can't be nose blind to his odorous situation any longer. His bedding and clothing smell awful. The armour padding stinks. Inside his helmet is funky beyond tolerance. The entire Razor Crest reeks of unwashed human. He's itchy with old sweat, beard prickles, and dried blood. His hair is matted and snarled. He can deny it no longer.

The Mandalorian needs a bath.

The air pressure shower in his fresher is off. The sonic and ultraviolet light system that he uses to keep clean ordinarily wasn't fully functional at the moment. He could not carry enough water into space to justify using any of it for washing. Even if he could carry more, there are no baths in space. If your ship's artificial gravity fails, you couldn't have gallons of loose water floating through the ship, suddenly frying all your electrical systems. Just in case he gets stranded somewhere without drinkable water, as there are a lot of dead planets out there making it highly probable, his water is fiercely rationed. You can't enjoy a clean ass if you're dead. His gray water recycling system is to be used for life support only. So, in order to get himself and his undergarments properly clean, fix the fresher system, and air out the ship, the Mandalorian needs to land.

The mineral hot springs on K'lorell are famous for their healing properties. He occasionally takes his ritual baths there. It is a private, much needed, cleansing escape. Less than a day's flight from here. He has the credits. Din punches in the coordinates.

The northern pole of the pleasure planet K'lorell is volcanic. Geothermal pools of mineral rich waters dot the landscape. Over many generations, some of the hot springs were cultivated and cared for by the beings who inhabit the world, turned into water features for tourists and locals to enjoy. Bathhouses built around the most temperate and beautiful pools. A wide variety of bathing experiences are offered here. Some baths were as large as lakes, great party pools where groups gather for communal celebratory bathing. Family pools for people with children. Smaller, romantic pools for couples and polycules to bathe privately together. Pools for hooking up with other single bathers. Pools that specialize in medicinal treatments, massages and other therapeutic offerings. Sporting pools for people who want to exercise and compete. Pools for voyeurs and exhibitionists to play. Shaded or enclosed pools for beings who cannot tolerate the planet's bright sun.

The Mandalorian cannot bathe communally, of course. Swimming in armour is a great way to sink and drown. So off it will go. And the clothes too so they can have a good washing. Fortunately, there are several bathhouses who aim to provide absolute privacy.

Many beings throughout the galaxy choose not to be witnessed by others outside their family or culture. They may veil or cloak, wear helmets, masks or armour for many reasons- religious, hygienic or personal. Some are famous, some infamous, some are wanted by the remains of the Empire, Crimson Dawn, or the New Republic.

If you've got the credits, you can ensure you won't see a soul and no one will see you while you bathe. Any towels or food will already be waiting in the private chamber upon arrival and no one will enter during your stay. Anything you need will appear as if by magic. The people of this planet are extremely well versed in the etiquette around different cultures' needs for modesty and security. He has never been exposed here. The staff at the last bathhouse were silent ghosts, leaving amenities and vanishing.

Din has purchased a small, private room at one of the steaming, high temperature springs. One he hasn't been to before. His usual place was booked on this short notice. This place is on a mountainside, with an incredible view of the shining landscape from every window. Each natural, wild pool below is a mirror reflecting the sky. Other bathhouses dot the valley below and a road winds between them. Gardens planted here and there. Some public, open air pools are occupied by frolicking bathers, tiny bodies of many shapes, sizes and species, details indistinguishable from this height and distance. As he checks in, he doesn't spare them a glance.