33

..

Several Days Later

"Hunting the survivors?"

"That's what Central's calling Shokugeki matches with organizations that want to survive." Marui explains to us all in Polar Star. "The first set's happening today."

"They're not trying to sugarcoat it, huh." Soma says.

"Students from Central will be participating in the matches." Ibusaki adds.

"Mhm. The pro-Azami Elite Ten will be a given, and the rest are high performers who could be called the Elite Ten's reserves."

This is just all so ridiculous. This Azami guy is ruining everything that I find tolerable about Polar Star. He even kicked Isshiki-senpai off the Elite Ten. My head is spinning from all the changes he's making.

"Reserves? I want to check them out." Soma says under his breath. We all collectively raise an eyebrow at him.

"You're gonna do something, aren't you?" I give him a knowing smile. "Take me with you." He smiles back cheekily.

"Y/N—" He starts, but more people in the room start asking to go also, like Takumi-san and Yuki-chan. Soon enough, everybody wants to go watch the Shokugekis.

After enough of talking, we decided to split into three groups. Me, Soma, Megumi, and Takumi are going to Hall C. We go on our scooters together. I try not to pay too much attention to Megumi on the back of Soma's scooter, her arms around his waist. I try to focus on Takumi talking to Soma about how today is for scouting purposes only.

Hall C

"Wow, what a crowd!" I say, in awe as I look around.

"Um, this match is the Fourth Seat, Akanegakubo-senpai versus the Chocolate RS." Megumi explains.

"There's also Eizan-Senpai versus the Western Cuisine RS." Takumi adds, "Looks like there will be several Shokugeki happening in parallel at each arena."

Akanegakubo-senpai has a cat doll in her hand which I raise an eyebrow at in confusion. She rips the hands off the doll and uses them as mittens, my jaw drops to the ground. Poor cat..

"She works fast, as expected. She is called the best patissier at Tohtsuki Academy, after all." Takumi says.

..
...
"Akanegakubo Momo and Eizan Etsuya both won in a complete shut-out."

"Wow..." Megumi exclaims.

"A sweeping victory.."

Huh... I want to fight them." Soma says, his voice serious. I roll my eyes at him.

"Yukihira, I know I sound like a broken record, but today is for scouting purposes only. You can't challenge them-"

"I know, I know!"